Windows 95 Upgrade Problem?

edited September 2016 in Software
I'm using the ISO from this site. It says it can't read the disk. I have Windows 3.1 and MS-DOS 6.22. I also installed a CD-ROM driver. :?: :?: :?: :?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izgJDhUtfPg

Comments

• Thank you for the vague line of bullcrap. This needs a lot more information if you want someone to help.
  • edited July 2016
    What I would do is download a boot disk, allbootdisks is a good website to get bootdisks from.. and follow the following steps. (Boot Disks will be floppy images)

Step 1. Turn off the VM.
    Step 2. Insert the boot disk image into the virtual floppy drive. Make sure your Windows 95 installation disk is inserted however make sure it can boot off the floppy.
    Step 3. Turn on the VM.
    Step 4. Take note of your virtual CD drive letter, this comes up once the boot disk has finished loading. In this example, the drive letter will be E:
    Step 5. type format c: and follow the instructions. (Do not add a volume label, when it prompts you, just press Enter)
    Step 6. type cd C: and then type mkdir Win95
    Step 7. type copy E:\Win95 C:\Win95
    Step 8. Once that has finished copying, go back into the E: drive by typing cd e:
    Step 9. Type setup.

I hope that solves the problem, if you still have problems, you can message me. :)
  • I wonder which media type of Windows 95 upgrade version you downloaded.

Windows 95 Upgrade version exists as just 3.5" Flpppy (DMF) / 5.25" Floppy (Non-DMF) / CD-ROM.

You can see the installation of Windows 95 Upgrade.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8317