Looking for processor model

edited September 2016 in Hardware
back in 2010, I had an computer that had an old Socket A Athlon with 256mb of DDR ram. Thing is though I can't identify which model of the processor it had.

The problem is that the processor's clock speed was about 757mhz IIRC. Now looking here doesn't help at all since anything under 1000mhz has the wrong FSB clock speed. According to the research I've done, any thing that went with the DDR ram would have an FSB speed of 266Mhz, but the slowest athlon with that FSB (according to that list on wikipedia) would be the Athlon 1133 (1133mhz) which is too high.

This is something that has been making my head scratch lately and I wish I still had the computer so I wouldn't have to ask this.

Comments

• If you still have it, could you post a picture of the CPU? Also, the chip might have either been and undocumented part, or it might have been overclocked or even underclocked by the OEM. Also, I'd take a look at cpuworld, as Wikipedia might have incorrect information. It would also be a good idea to take a look at the specs of the Athlon XP as well as the Athlon Classics you were looking at.
  • I don't have the CPU anymore and I don't have any sort of camera so I couldn't take a picture of it even if I still had the CPU. I think it was underclocked, but it was not an OEM machine. The computer had a generic ATX beige case and an AMD logo (or sticker) on it.