Windows NT Add-On for Presentation Manager missing DLL

edited September 2016 in Software
So I've installed the Windows NT Add-On Subsystem for Presentation Manager on a Windows 2000 virtual machine.

This is a completely clean install of Windows 2000 - the PM addon is the first and only piece of software installed after OS install.

Unfortunately, it appears to be missing a file, PMNT.DLL, as evidenced by the error message I get when trying to load 16-bit OS/2 GUI programs:

8BPr2g6.png

Does anyone know where I can find this file? I've tried installing both the Windows NT 3.51 and Windows NT 4.0 versions of this subsystem, to no avail. The error persists no matter which version is installed, and I cannot locate this file on the disk images of the installation floppies provided on this website's archive.

This subsystem should be compatible with Windows 2000, since the Windows 2000 subsection of MSDN includes several references to it, under "Running Nonnative Applications on Windows 2000" -> "Running OS/2 Applications" - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... 61864.aspx

Comments

• Are you sure those documents aren't out of date? I remember it working fine on NT 4.