Excel 4.0 for a macintosh comuter

edited September 2016 in Software
I just downloaded Excel 4.0 for my macintosh computer. I have an actual copy of Excel 4.0 for my Macintosh LC III computer but disk 7 is not reading correctly when installing Excel 4.0 on my macintosh LC III. I did try to work with disk 7 from the img file from the download but the img file is not opening on my Windows 10 computer as the img file is being shown as corrupted. What program should I use to open the img file and how should I write the img file for disk 7 back to a disk from my Windows 10 computer to a floppy disk that can be read on my macintosh LC iii computer? Any assistance will be appreciated.

Comments

• That depends. Is it the 800K or 1.44mb floppy disk version?

If it is the 1.44mb version then you can just use Winimage to write the image to a 1.44mb floppy disk, even using a brain-dead USB drive. Winimage will not let you see files on the disks, but it will still write them.

If it is the 800k disks, then the only way I know of to write them directly using a "modern" PC is using a Kryoflux, and the method described here: http://forum.kryoflux.com/viewtopic.php?t=1090
    The reason being that Apple used a very odd low-density format that nothing else supports.

The only other option for 800k disks is to use an "inbetween" mac that has some other form of communications such as a SCSI Zip drive or network connection, and can write 800K disks. But Macs that support writing 800K disks are almost just as vintage these days.