DOS 6.22 & 7.1

edited September 2016 in Software
ok lets start by saying Hello
Hello Everyone 8)
I'm a huge DOS fan, However Imagine my surprise when I go to download both 6.22 and 7.1 and there are several files, img, and such that are password protected in so much that you cannot "burn" the image to disk.
I was very disappointed being the fact that I read that this site was as open source as it gets with Microsoft products. The kicker... there was no password to be found on any of the download pages.
I did find my old 3.5" floppies and made my own img files for 6.22 but I cannot seem to find my 7.1 files anywhere.

if someone would be so kind as to point me in the direction of the uploads portion of the site I will be more than glad to share my files.
oh just little side note... I did test my img files using Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007SP1 (Direct download link) and it worked perfectly.

so if anyone needs the files, please post a target link for me to upload them and I'll be more than happy to make them readily available in .img.zip for easy use.

Comments

• None of the archives are password protected. If your archiver is asking for a password, then there is something horribly wrong with your archive program. Note that all archives here use 7-zip.
  • MS-DOS 7.1 doesn't exist officially.
    7.1 is unofficial version of MS-DOS. That is from DOS files from Microsoft Windows 9x.

Also you must inform us which file you downloaded the archive is protected by password.