Looking for an unlisted edition of Windows 2000

edited November 2016 in Offers & Requests
I'm currently restoring a Dell Latitude C600 laptop, and found a quite odd edition of 2K listed on the bottom, which I believe is what was originally pre-installed on it.

?zge0m

"Windows 2000 1-2 CPU"

It seems like Dell got their hands on some proprietary version of W2K.

I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me out with getting an .ISO to this.

Thank you to all that help out!

Comments

• Windows 2000 Pro is normally 1-2 CPUs only, iIRC. If it isn't, this also might be a special OEM variant that's restricted to that.
  • There's apparently a recovery CD for these types of machines; I'm wondering if they're common enough to where there's an .ISO somewhere.

From what I'm getting, they look like this:

?zjdhy

Though I may be being too specific. I would believe that the original is 1-2 CPU as well, but what's bothering me is that it's specifically listed as 1-2 CPU.
  • Had not thought about that in ages. A quick google search:
    Windows 2000 Professional - 2 CPUs
    Windows 2000 Server - 4
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server - 8
    Windows 2000 Datacenter server - 16-32

I could imagine if they had some 4-cpu/core "workstations" people could get confused if they tried to install or transfer 2000 Professional, not realizing they would need 2000 Server instead. So it might just be to disambiguate.
  • It's just a normal Windows 2000 Professional, licensed for 1 or 2 CPUs. Some OEMs used COAs which stated just "Windows 2000 Professional", and others included the license information.
  • Oh. So it turns out I was just asking for the normal Win2K all along

:oops:

Well thanks to the people that took the time to correct me! I'm guessing the reason why the key on the laptop doesn't work is because I was using the Retail version.