cd-rom driver help

edited January 2017 in Hardware
I have windows 7 64bit and both of my dvd-rom's won't work under windows 7 now. They stop working after i installed power iso. I uninstalled power iso and they still won't work. I tried to uninstall the drivers for the dvd-rom's and rebooted the computer and windows will install the drivers but give me a message in the properties in the device manager. Here the message "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" I tried everything i can think of. I do have windows 10 on here too and they load just fine with that version of windows. I look online and tried what microsoft has on there web site but still can't get it to work. They are sata dvd-rom's and my motherboard is asus m5a97 le 2.0. The chipset up to date and the bios are up to date. Thank for the help i get.

Comments

• If you go here then you'll find the most common fixes for this. I also have an automated repair tool that I can't find on their site anymore called Mats-Run.dvd.exe that I used to use frequently to repair dvd drives not being recognized correctly. If you can't get the manual fixes to work let me know and I'll dump that tool somewhere for you.