What are the specs of the computer you use the most?

edited May 2017 in Hardware
HP Notebook

8 GB RAM (DDR 3)
Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.3 GHz (can be overclocked to 2.4 GHz) Dual Core
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel HD Graphics 520
AMD Radeon R5 M330 (VRAM 2GB DDR3)
BIOS Mode UEFI

Comments

• My main computer. It's custom-built. It sucks but at least it's powerful enough for pretty much all tasks.

8 GB DDR3-1600
    Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz
    1 TB WD Blue, 256 GB Samsung SSD
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel HD 4000 (normally, I have the Sapphire Radeon R7 260X with 2 GB of video RAM, but it is a serious pile of shit and it causes too much problems, even after getting it replaced. It's considerably more powerful than the HD Graphics, but it's unuseable and I don't know what to do since warranty is done for a while now)
    MSI H81M-P33 Logic Board
    CORSAIR CX600M (600W)
  • AMD FX-83050 4.2 GHz (CPU)
    16 gb HyperX Savage DDR3 1866 MHz (RAM)
    ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 (motherboard)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 (GPU)
    WD Caviar Blue 1tb
    Seagate Desktop Internal 2tb
  • AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2.1GHZ
    1 GB RAM
    Abit KT7A
    Voodoo 5
    WD 500gb hard drive
    Windows 95
    Full tower, beige like a computer should be, and with no retarded blue LEDs.

Deal with it.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2.1GHZ
    1 GB RAM
    Abit KT7A
    Voodoo 5
    WD 500gb hard drive
    Windows 95
    Full tower, beige like a computer should be, and with no retarded blue LEDs.

Deal with it.

The only purpose blue LEDs have are to cool off your computer from the extra speed causing heat that red LEDs would provide :p.

I have various computers and I don't feel like typing up all of the specs, but the 3 I use the most are my Thinkpad T530, Toughbook CF-31, and a Custom built. The Thinkpad and Toughbook have i5s (The Thinkpad has an nVidia card, Toughbook has integrated) and the Custom built has an i7 and a GTX 770.
  • Probably my Yoga 12:

i5 5200U, 8GB DDR3, 250GB SSD, 1080p 12.5" touchscreen, Win10 Pro x64

Not a huge fan of some stuff, I wouldn't consider it a "proper" ThinkPad - fucking huge bezels and the build quality definitely isn't x-series standard, but it's a nice little laptop and still at least has the trackpoint. Shame discord still doesn't listen to dpi scaling settings on Win10. Lenovo 3 year onsite warranty is awesome too, they replaced the keyboard because one key was slightly loose.

Custom build is a close second, though it's a bit of a mess right now in regards to cable management and the LED strip is falling off:

i5 6600k @ 4.6GHz, 16GB DDR4, 120GB SSD, dying 1TB HDD, MSI Z170XP-SLI, R9 280, NZXT S340, EVGA 600W, Ilyama 4K 28" + vertical Phillips 1080p IPS 23", Win10 Pro x64

Generally great but the loud HDD worries me. Local store's ridiculously cheap price for the CPU meant that I could get it with a tight budget, up until recently I've been using an "old" 7850 which really can't handle 4K whatsoever. What's nice is the 4K display has picture-in-picture which is great for setting up old PCs, etc.

After messing with various business-grade dual CPU monster servers with stupidly high powerful consumption, I realized it's overkill for a simple web and Minecraft server so I'm using a Zoostorm (UK prebuilt brand):

Haswell-based Pentium CPU (need to check model), 4GB DDR3, WD Blue 500GB, some Asus mobo that seems to be able to OC somehow, Win10 Pro x64 (I know, I know, should be using Windows Server or Linux)

Very dirty inside but it works fine.

For "retro" stuff my Toshiba 110CT is ideal:

Pentium II (???), around 16MB RAM, ~1GB HDD, 800x600 (???) ~12" display, Win95

Battery still holds charge after all these years. Also has an inbuilt PSU which is extremely useful, takes a standard 2pin cable. Still has what seems to be the original install of Windows 95 and Office 97 (???), which seems completely clean. Need to get around to getting some kind of CD drive for it as floppies aren't fun, especially for OS installtion (dual boot with Windows 3.1 is something I'd love to get working), but otherwise it's fun to play with.
  • imac early 2009
    core 2 duo 2.66ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
    8gb ddr3 1333mhz memory
    320 gb hard drive
    dvd super drive
    mac os 10.11.6

my other is a pc
    asus m5a97 le2.0
    amd fx 6300 6 core 3.5ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GT610 2gb memory
    8gb ddr3 667mhz memory
    500gb hard drive with windows 7
    500gb hard drive with windows 10
    160gb hard drive nothing on it
    160gb hard drive use for saving stuff
    dvd burner
    dvd burner
  • I have a few computers on my desk setup for easy use, I'll post specs for the 3 systems I use the most.

Mac Mini 2014 Model (Used often for Internet Browsing):
    Intel Core i5 Haswell @ 2.6 GHz
    8GB of Integrated DDR3 RAM
    Intel Iris Pro 5100
    1TB SATA HDD
    OS X 10.11 El Capitan

HP/Compaq DC7800 (Used once in a while for special tasks):
    Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4 GHz
    4GB DDR2 SDRAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6450
    750GB SATA HDD
    16x SATA DVD-RW Drive + 3.5" Floppy Drive
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Dell Dimension 4300 (Used fairly often for basic word processing and retro gaming):
    Intel Pentium 4 @ 1.6 GHz
    384MB PC-133 SDRAM
    nVidia Geforce FX 5200
    40GB IDE HDD
    48x IDE CD-ROM Drive + 3.5" Floppy Drive
    Windows 98SE with SP2 + Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 Dual-boot
  • I can't believe there's only been a single post with specs close to the ones I use lol.. I guess I am just really patient when it comes to computing.

99% of the time I use a Toshiba Libretto u100 with

Pentium M 753 @ 1.20 GHz ; 400MHz bus
    An entire Giga-Byte of DDR SDRAM
    Intel Extreme Graphics 2 w/ 64MB shared max --[actually still streams 720p fluently through VLC in fullscreen]
    10GB Toshiba PATA HDD --ripped from an original iPod [the first one with the physical scroll wheel; it now has an SSD
    If not Windows 95, Debian.

I use a titload of old, relatively irreplaceable equipment and Debian makes a surprisingly decent bridge for swapping files and media between ancient and slightly less ancient hardware / OSes, and I've just slowly started using it for everything else since it is just so nice to old hardware. That said, I still don't know shite about Linux overall, so don't hate me too much for mentioning it on here...
  • MacBook Pro (Mid-2012)
    Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge @ 2.5 GHz
    16GB of DDR3 RAM
    Intel HD 4000
    500GB SATA HDD
    DVD+RW SATA
    macOS Sierra 10.12
    Two USB HDDs 1TB each: One for backup and the other for extra storage.
  • I use many computers, but my main desktop is probably what I use the most. Spec-wise it's getting a bit dated, but it doesn't feel overly slow or anything... the only time I'd see a limitation is with some newer games, but I've never been much of a gamer anyway. Although I did recently get the new Skullcanyon NUC and compared to that, my desktop is starting to seem just a tad sluggish... but I think the main issue is actually the OS. My desktop is still rocking the same Windows 7 install I installed when I built the machine in 2011 while the NUC is running Windows 10... 8.x and 10 are definitely faster than 7. I upgraded my work machine from 7 to 8.1 and it's definitely more responsive.

Antec P280 Black ATX Mid Tower
    ASRock 870iCafe AM3 Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II 965 BE 3.4 Ghz
    EVGA nVidia GTX 760 GPU
    8 GB DDR3 1600 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series
    ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 channel sound card
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB 2.5-Inch SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive (MZ-7PD512BW)
    2x 2 TB Seagate Barracuda XT 7200 RPM 64MB cache HDD's
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W OCZ600MXSP PSU
    LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
    Das Keyboard 4 Professional Clicky MX Blue Mechanical Keyboard (DASK4MKPROCLI)
    Logitech G400s 910-003589 Optical Gaming Mouse
  • The first one is Dell Optiplex 780

Memory-280 GB SSD and 2 TB external HDD
    RAM-8 GB DDR3
    Processor-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz
    Graphics-Intel Q43/Q45 internal chipset and Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 2GB low profile
    Power supply-300W
    OS-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

And the other older one
    Memory-500 GB HDD
    RAM-3 GB DDR2
    Processor-Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
    Graphics-Nvidia GeForce GT 210 1GB
    Power supply-230W
    OS-Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
  • A Custom Built PC:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300 Black Edition 3.5GHz
    RAM - 32GB Kingston Hyper-x Fury 1866Mhz
    GFX - Asus Geforce 960 Strix OC
    PSU - Fractal Design Newton 800w Semi-Modular
    Boot SSD: OCZ Arc 100 240Gb
    Games SSD: Samsung Evo 500Gb (2015)
    Other Games: Segate Barricuda 1Tb 7200rpm
    Junk Drive: Toshiba 3Tb 7200rpm
    Case: Fractal Design Define R5
  • Custom PC:
    CPU: Core i5-750 2.66GHz
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    VGA: XFX GeForce GTS250 1GB
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling 500W
    Primary SATA: WD Blue 320GB
    Secondary SATA: Seagate 1TB
    Case: Corsair Carbide 200R
  • edited November 2016
    There are a few:

Main PC:
    Acer Aspire T of some sort, 2013
    Intel Core i5-4440 at 3.1GHz
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB by XFX
    HP vs17e
    1TB Seagate hard disk
    Windows 8.1 Single Language

Main Laptop:
    Dell Latitude E6400
    Intel Core2 Duo T9600 at whatever speed
    4GB DDR2 SO-DIMM RAM
    Intel 45 Series video
    Built in display panel
    500GB Seagate "slim" laptop hard disk
    Dualbooting Windows XP Home Edition  / Windows 8.1 Single Language

Main Mactop:
    Apple PowerMac G5
    Dual Apple PowerPC G5s at 2GHz
    2GB DDR RAM
    NVidia GeForce FX5200 512MB (AGP Pro)
    NEC Multisync 1880SX
    80GB WD800 SATA
    Mac OS X 10.4.11

Main Mac laptop:
    Apple MacBook (Late 2007)
    Intel Core2 Duo at 1.83GHz
    2GB RAM
    Intel GMA 950 (945) video
    Built in display panel
    60GB SATA
    Dualbooting Windows XP Home Edition (via BootCamp) and Mac OS X 10.7.5

I'd say I have too many computers, if I'm allowed to.
  • (Main)
    CPU : i5-6600
    Mothermoard : H170 Chipset
    RAM : 32GB (8GB * 4) DDR4
    SDD : 256GB
    HDD : 2TB
    ODD : DVD/RW
    VGA : Built-in Motherboard
  • Model: HP Pavilion g4 (laptop)
    Processor: Intel Pentium B950@ 2.1GHz
    Memory: 6Gb RAM
    Storage: 500Gb hard disk (SATA)
    Optical drives: 1 DVD-RAM drive
    Video: Onboard VGA and HDMI Out
    Sound: Integrated Intel sound chip
  • ASUS A46CB-WX024D
    Intel Core i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz (Turbo up to 2.6 GHz)
    8 GB RAM
    Intel HD 4000 & NVIDIA GeForce 740M 128bit with 2 GB VRAM (Optimus)
    500GB 5400rpm Hitachi HDD
    Windows 10 x64 & Manjaro x64 (dualboot)
  • IBM/Lenovo (It's branded both, pick one) Thinkpad Z61m
    1536 MB of RAM,
    Core Duo 1.66 GHz,
    Intel Integrated 9450 128MB,
    80GB SATA revision 1 drive. (It is both revision 1 and revision 2 compatible, but only works at revision 1 speeds to save power.)
    This laptop weighs half a metric ton, but it is indestructible. Even though it is tough, people don't like me using a Windows XP netbook from circa 2006.
  • Mine's a custom made desktop PC.
    PSU: Thermaltake TR-2 750W (80 PLUS model, not the old crappy one)
    MOBO: Gigabyte H81M-H
    8 GB RAM DDR3-1600
    CPU: i5 4440
    VGA: Radeon R7 250X 1GB
    Storage: Two SATA HDDs, 250GB (OS, W10 x64 and Arch x64 dualboot) and 1TB (backup)
    Nothing too expectacular, but it does the job.
  • Not my personal computer, but it's the only one with internet access at home:

-APU: AMD A6-5400K
    -MB: ECS A58F2P-M4(1.0)
    -RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    -HDD: 1TB Seagate Hard drive
    -PSU: Some 285W Power Supply
    -Case: Some generic ATX case (one that does not have blue LEDs)
    -OS: Windows 7 SP1 32bit (I use a kernel hack to utilize more than 4GB of RAM)
  • Lenovo Flex 3-1580

Core i7-6500U @ 2.5GHz
    8GB
    1TB spinner
    GeForce 940M
    Windows 10 Home 64

I also have a few towers laying around but I don't use those often if at all.... actually they're both running Server 08r2 with the first running the Please Burn ESET site.
  • I replaced Main PC as follows.

(Main)
    CPU : i5-7600 (7th Generation)
    Mothermoard : H270 Chipset
    RAM : 32GB (16GB * 2) DDR4
    SDD : 256GB (Same)
    HDD : 2TB x 2EA
    ODD : DVD/RW
    VGA : Built-in Motherboard
  • My signature has the specs. See below.
  • pcgeek wrote:
    My signature has the specs. See below.

Those are some godawful specs.

A Celeron G1820 is not "lightning fast" by any means. It's a CPU for people on really tight budgets. It gets benchmarks equal/worse to 7 year old i5s.

How is 8GB RAM being in one stick impressive? It's not uncommon.....at all.

LC Power? I have never heard of that brand before. From what I see online LC-Power PSUs are for people who cheap out on PSUs and are not of good quality. Never EVER cheap out on your power supply.

A GT 630 with 2gb VRAM? I don't think a GT630 could even handle a game that would require more than 1GB VRAM, so that's pointless.
  • 66659hi wrote:
    pcgeek wrote:

A Celeron G1820 is not "lightning fast" by any means. It's a CPU for people on really tight budgets. It gets benchmarks equal/worse to 7 year old i5s.

I have to disagree with you right there. A first-gen i5 will just slaughter any celeron, anytime and anyday. Plus, The i5 is a quadcore, whereas the Celeron is a dual-core. BTW, what sort of benchmarks have you been looking at?
  • dosbox wrote:
    66659hi wrote:
    pcgeek wrote:

I have to disagree with you right there. A first-gen i5 will just slaughter any celeron, anytime and anyday. Plus, The i5 is a quadcore, whereas the Celeron is a dual-core. BTW, what sort of benchmarks have you been looking at?

I haven't really looked at benchmarks of desktop i5s much, but I guess I shouldn't have assumed that the Celeron could be equal. I was more thinking of mobile i5s which are slightly below the performance of that Celeron. One thing I do know is that the 8(?) year old Q6700 Dell Precision I have as a backup machine is faster than that Celeron. Not by a lot, but still.

Not all i5s have been quad core. Most are, but the i5-650 was notably dual core with hyperthreading. But, you have to agree with me on the power supply front. That power supply he has is a ticking time bomb.
  • BigCJ wrote:
    Model: HP Pavilion g4 (laptop)

This is the same exact one as i am running, but it barely works. Windows 8/ 8.1 is a piece of junk
  • BigCJ wrote:
    Model: HP Pavilion g4 (laptop)

This is the same exact one as i am running, but it barely works. Windows 8/ 8.1 is a piece of junk

It's not that hard to reinstall Windows. Software issues don't mean that the machine itself "barely works"
  • dosbox wrote:
    66659hi wrote:
    -snip-

I can attest to this. Big Box 1.0 had a first-gen i5 and it wasn't even bad.
  • dosbox wrote:
    66659hi wrote:
    -snip-

I can attest to this. Big Box 1.0 had a first-gen i5 and it wasn't even bad.

Well...I guess then even the first gen i5s are much more powerful than that Celeron. But...that Celeron isn't the worst thing ever. It isn't a very good processor but it's also not bad if on an extreme budget. But, I'm betting that whoever built pcgeek's piece of shit (I think at one point he said a computer store built it) just put together an unbalanced build. Take out the GPU which I bet wasn't needed (I think that Celeron is a haswell chipset, and the haswell chipset has graphics almost as good as that 630) and upgrade to an i3, swap the power supply for an EVGA 500W that won't explode like that "LC Power" one probably will and he'd have a machine more powerful than the first gen i3s, at the same price point.

The Celeron is more for people who really need a computer and really can't spend much. If you have more than $300 you should be able to get something quite a bit better than a Celeron or Atom that you'd get for that price, or hell even at that price it'd be better to buy used - my i5 thinkpad was $220 + $80 for the SSD and that beats out all of those cheapass budget machines.