problem with program

edited April 2017 in Software
I'm having issues with Virtual Router Manager on the family computer (which I'm the only one with Admin privileges). Starting today, the program wouldn't launch at all. I couldn't find any information as to why this is happening. A scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware didn't help. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program didn't help either/ AFAIK, no new programs were installed yesterday. The reason why I need this program is so that I can get internet on my android phone so that I could get internet on my own PC.

I know this isn't a general tech support site, but I don't want to bother signing up to another site for getting this problem solved.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found an alternative program that is similar enough. Now I just got to figure out how to make it so that my brother can use it on limited accounts.

Comments

• 1. Open a Run box (Win+R) then type %appdata%
    2. Go up one level (to the AppData folder instead of the Roaming folder)
    3. Search your program's name in the search bar
    4. Delete folders with the same name as the program

What this does is clear out all the data the program leaves on your computer. Try opening the program and see if it works. You will have to reconfigure it.

P.S. instead of typing "Problem with program" for your title, state the program you're having the problem with as well!
  • sl1fka wrote:
    1. Open a Run box (Win+R) then type %appdata%
    2. Go up one level (to the AppData folder instead of the Roaming folder)
    3. Search your program's name in the search bar
    4. Delete folders with the same name as the program

Actually, the program doesn't store any data in any of the AppData folders.