Windows XP: Luna

edited June 2017 in Software
Windows XP: Luna by Nathaniel Hofer

You turn on your old XP machine. You see the desktop and feel at home. Luna did the same for me. If you didn't know, Luna is the name for Windows XP's main theme. Many people love Luna and some that did before may not. We will remember you forever Luna!

Comments

• But to most people it looked like something created for Bozo the Clown as he made an appearance on the Telletubbies.

Back when there was a mix of Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP people just referred to the 2000 machines as "Professional".
  • Watercolour was better.
  • Watercolor was good. The zune themes were also decent. I did use the media center theme a lot as well, but mostly I just used the classic theme.
  • Despite what the cynical have to say about it, I personally think Luna is what made XP. Goes well with its default background, or any one that is blue (or with the "Vortex" wallpaper, that I used briefly). Was never keen on the Silver or Olive colour scheme for it though.

And, Watercolour? That's the first time I've heard of that. Was that an official theme? Someone please fill me in.
  • Bry89 wrote:
    And, Watercolour? That's the first time I've heard of that. Was that an official theme? Someone please fill me in.
    Watercolor was the default theme in Whistler builds 2250-2428, It's been ported to Windows XP RTM with a community-made theme called Watercolor 4.3, I remember using it on a few of my XP machines a while ago.

I actually like the Luna theme on XP mainly because I grew up with it, the Royale version from XP Media Center was my favorite variation, and my favorite color on Stock Luna has always been Metallic Silver, for some reason I seem to like Luna better than Aero, I've gotten tired of the glossy icons and the Aero theme (especially Aero Basic) on Windows 7.
  • As soon as I was shown how to customize XP, I changed the theme to Royale Noir. Now that I don't use Windows much anymore, I use dark mode on macOS and Numix on Arch Linux.
  • I personally enjoyed watercolor more too. It is so elegant!
  • Bry89 wrote:
    Watercolor was the default theme in Whistler builds 2250-2428, It's been ported to Windows XP RTM with a community-made theme called Watercolor 4.3, I remember using it on a few of my XP machines a while ago.
    I think I had seen that theme before... just never knew its name. Looks great though... clean and simple. Totally should've been the theme for Windows 10.
  • I also prefer to use "Watercolor" background on XP.
  • Fun Fact, I only found out that there were other themes 3 years after I upgraded to vista...
  • Royale was great, but Royale Remix was the best.