Debian for download?

edited June 2017 in Software
Is there any way that debian will be available for download here? Just wondering. Thanks!

Comments

• We really don't need more Linuxes here. Unless there is a release of specific historic significance that can not be obtained anywhere else, then probably not.

Unlike most of what is here, Debian was purely open source with no restricted stuff mixed in.
  • Don't Debian themselves still host downloads for older versions?
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Unlike most of what is here, Debian was purely open source with no restricted stuff mixed in.
    And it still is, by default Debian does not contain any proprietary software what so ever on a clean install, you could use their (a tad frowned upon) non-free mirrors.
    Louis7864 wrote:
    Is there any way that debian will be available for download here? Just wondering. Thanks!
    But anyways to answer your question, no you can get it for free on their site. Debian like most Linux Distros are open source and are FREE :D . Use their mirrors as they have a freeking ton of them. If for what ever reason your looking for an older version ( I don't know why you would...) here is a link to 2 mirrors. Yes, I said 2 mirrors for you. 8.7 to ancient version 3.

Side note, I have an intell centron that is equivalent to a P3, I run the latest Debian on it, and works like a champ. Even has wireless on it.