Windows For Workgroups 3.11 won't boot in my HP Pentium 4 PC

I have a HP Compaq dc5100 SFF Pentium 4 PC with a floppy drive and 1.50 GB ram and Pentium 4 processor clocked at 3.00 GHz, when i try to boot Windows For Workgroups 3.11 from my MS-DOS 7.10 boot floppy disk on my HP Pentium 4 PC, i got the Error message that says:

"insufficient memory or address space to initialize Windows in 386 enhanced mode"

So how do i fix that?

Comments

• edited December 2017

http://www.conradshome.com/win31/files/3xstart.exe

Officually, Windows 3.x (or Workgroups) doesn't support FAT32 and (unofficiial) DOS 7.10.

So you should patch Windows 3.x with 3xstart.exe to run on FAT32 or DOS 7.10.

If not possbile, install DOS 6.x instead of 7.10.

• @ibmpc5150 said:
    http://www.conradshome.com/win31/files/3xstart.exe

Officually, Windows 3.x (or Workgroups) doesn't support FAT32 and (unofficiial) DOS 7.10.

So you should patch Windows 3.x with 3xstart.exe to run on FAT32 or DOS 7.10.

If not possbile, install DOS 6.x instead of 7.10.

How do i patch?

• edited December 2017

@SuriPolomareFan

Download and rn 3xstart.exe on your DOS 7.10 by yourself before asking question.

• @ibmpc5150 said:
    @SuriPolomareFan

Download and rn 3xstart.exe on your DOS 7.10 by yourself before asking question.

I Tried but it didn't worked because the IO.SYS didn't have the code to patch it, so show me another soloution, if not, then i will downgrade to Windows 3.1 and run Windows 3.1 in standard mode.

• Why do you want to use Windows 3.1 on a Pentium 4 machine with all that ram and processing power? It is a waste, use Windows XP. It is more updated, you are able to use much more software and it is easier to set-up.

• Windowsfan, don't dis others for their choice of software/hardware. I think you miss the point of kicking around vintage software, and the point of this entire site.

• edited December 2017

Windows XP can also run Windows 3.x software, in addition to 9x software.