[REQUEST] OEM Recovery Disks of Windows

I would like to see more OEM disks of Windows. I don't mean the official OEM disks Microsoft sent to people like Dell, HP, IBM, etc. I mean the disks the computer manufacturer sent out to you, the consumer, with your PC. These "recovery" CDs for Windows 3.1, 95, 98, NT, 2000, etc. I'll search through my house and my friend's house.

Thanks!

Comments

• I remember the IBM Recovery Disc that came with the IBM Aptiva that I had, which ran on Win98 SE. I've been wanting to see that surface myself. Good luck on your own findings though :)

• Thanks! Yeah, that would be cool. So this recovery disk would be a Win98 SE install disk, plus the IBM drivers for the Aptiva?

Something else that might be interesting includes dumps of recovery hard drive partitions in VHD format.

• @OldNewComputers said:
    So this recovery disk would be a Win98 SE install disk, plus the IBM drivers for the Aptiva?

Yes, and if I recall correctly it came with its own set of goodies also like the famous "Eye Bee M" screensaver that it contained.

• @Bry89 said:

@OldNewComputers said:
    So this recovery disk would be a Win98 SE install disk, plus the IBM drivers for the Aptiva?

Yes, and if I recall correctly it came with its own set of goodies also like the famous "Eye Bee M" screensaver that it contained.

Oh yeah, it would also include the OEM bloatware, desktop background, screensavers, etc,

• That's the one I'm meaning :P And hey, the bloatware in this wasn't all that bad D: At least it's not like what Lenovo laptops of today are crammed with.

• @Bry89 said:
    That's the one I'm meaning :P And hey, the bloatware in this wasn't all that bad D: At least it's not like what Lenovo laptops of today are crammed with.

I mean, with some computers, the includes software is useful - you're right.

Yeah, my friend's ThinkPad X230 had toolbars galore, and I thought he had a virus because some bogus-looking battery meter was on the taskbar (apparently Lenovo installed it). I usually reinstall Windows when I get a computer - my current PC - a Dell Latitude e6430 came with no OS so I installed Win7 Pro.