Microsoft Word 6.0 DOS Bug

edited January 2017 in Software
I have found a weird bug in Microsoft Word 6.0 for Dos. I have tried to delete the SETUP, INSTALL, SETUP1, AND MSD files from the folder made on my computer when I extracted the files from the image, but they will not go away. :!: I went to the properties of the SETUP file, and it said that I must have Read permissions to view the properties of the SETUP file. :?: I click the Advanced button in the Properties window, and it says in the Advanced Security Settings for SETUP that I do not have permission to view or edit the permission settings of the EXE file. :!: This is the first time this has happened to me. If anyone has encountered this bug, can you at least tell me in this thread about how to fix this, because I do not know what to do!!!

Comments

• I think you seem not to understand how to run "Microsoft Word 6.0 for DOS"

The application is for (real) DOS, not for Windows (9x/NT or later).

At first, you must know about real DOS to install this package.
    Then this program should be installed/setup from Floppy Disk before run.
    (Not possible to run it from HDD/FDD directly without installation.)

If you don't have old DOS PC, you can install/setup this by using DOS or PC emulator.
    (I recommend to use Google search engine to learn.)

I think this is Not related with bug, but you don't know how to run/install this program on DOS.

*SETUP.EXE is for install Word 6.0
    *INSTALL.EXE is for install GRAMMATTIK 5 ver 1.0 of bundle program from WORD 6.0

I've installed Word 6.0 + Grammattik 5 1.0 on DOS, no error has found during installation and setup.
  • Thanks for your help ibmpc5150. But it was a problem with my computer that was not working correctly, but after a restart, it was fixed, so I do know how to install it. P.S. I was trying to delete the files from the image I extracted.