SoundBlaster 1.0 Floppy Image Volume Labels?

Hi guys, as a gift to myself i recently bought a EARLY Gateway 2000 computer. Turns out the board was bad so i put my dad's AM486-DX4100 into it. The guy who sold it didn't gut any of the parts except the hard drive, so now i am excited. It came with a EARLY Sound Blaster 1.0 card. I need to install drivers. What are the disk volume labels for the 1.0 Drivers included on WinWorldPC? The program will not install unless the disk is labeled properly.

Thanks,

AJ

Comments

• Those are provided as disk images. Use Winimage to write them to a disk - that will include the volume label. If you need to write to a different sized disk, Winimage can resize the images.

Congrats on the SB 1.0 card does it have the 1.0 DSP or was it upgraded to the 1.5 DSP?

• it is the 1.0 DSP. I can't get any audio out of it at all. It seems to be dead.

• What did the diagnostics say? If it tries to play CMF and OPL music, but you still don’t here anything then it is probably a fault in the amplifier or plug.

On the other hand, if you can hear CMF and OPL music (I think it will still try to test that) but there is no digital audio, then the DSP may have fried.