Server disallowed error

Hi,

I'm getting a server disallowed error for all three mirrors when I try to download content.

This started after I downloaded a few items in quick succession about 10 or so hours ago, so I guess I hit some form of rate limiting. All mirrors report my IP as my true IP, and my ISP does not NAT their customers (at least not fiber customers, of which I am one).

How long does a ban like this last? Permanently or for a specific time period?

/Erik

Comments

• There is a non-logged in limit of 25 download per 24 hours. Logged in users get more than that. When that happens, just wait for the limit to reset.

"Server disallowed" can also pop up if Winworld or your ISP is experiencing serious slowdowns. In that case, all you can do is wait for a while and try again later.

Neither are a “ban”.

• IIRC disallowed only pops up with mismatches between mirror and site. You should be seeing an explicit error page from the site if it's rate limiting.

• Interesting. I was logged in and was well below the limit. It still does not work 24 hours later. I'll try again tomorrow

• It's probably, as the others have said, an issue with your IP address changing between the main site and the mirror. Try downloading on a VPN if you have that option.

• @Totengeist said:
    It's probably, as the others have said, an issue with your IP address changing between the main site and the mirror. Try downloading on a VPN if you have that option.

That can't be it. First I have already checked that all sites recognize the same IP, and second of all there is no reason for my IP to change or report as a different IP.

If I use the download testing page, all mirrors and the main site show the same IP.

Now however most files will download, but the specific file that raised the error in the first place still won't download. Every attempt counts towards my quota though.

• @citronboll said:
    the specific file that raised the error

Could you paste the link to the specific file that isn't working?

• I can confirm it doesn't work for me either. Neither does the 5.25 one. Excel 4.0 does download, though. Could this be a database error or the file missing on the mirrors?

• That's bizarre, I'm seeing that same error for downloading just those files. The files are on the server and look file.

• The weird part is that I got this error for all files after downloading in quick succession, but now everything else works again, but not this file.

• it looks like somehow the download ID is getting mangled, or it's getting mismatched with another download. i'm going to try to see what I can do.

• ding ding! query is way too aggressive and matching:

./Abandonware Applications/PC/Microsoft Excel 3.0 (3.5).7z
    Microsoft Excel 3.0 (3.5).7z

guess what's supposed to be the file we try to grab?

• and fixed in master, pulled changes, we're good

• Ug, that first one is the OS/2 version. I probably should rename that. Still can't update changes like that to the other mirrors though.

• Thanks for the quick fix, guys!

• Great, it works fine now! :)