[suggestion] "My Active Contributions" page for the Library

edited August 2017 in Site Issues
I sometimes accidentally close the tab with the "Upload Complete" button and FTP credentials. Why not have a page that will list your in-progress contributions so that you can always go back to the upload page? (It would also help if there was a list of finished contributions as well, so you could avoid duplicate uploads)

If I find some time I'll upload a mockup screenshot. Please reply with feedback or ideas if you have any.

(Currently typing this on iPhone; please excuse any spelling mistakes)

Comments

• Erito17 wrote:
    I sometimes accidentally close the tab with the "Upload Complete" button and FTP credentials. Why not have a page that will list your in-progress contributions so that you can always go back to the upload page? (It would also help if there was a list of finished contributions as well, so you could avoid duplicate uploads)

I just did my first submission last week and was thinking the same thing. The completed contributions list might also reduce the number of people coming back with "hey I submitted this x days/weeks ago and I still don't see it, what the hell!" If it's as simple as pressing a button when it's done that might be nice, but if its more complicated it would just add more work for SomeGuy to do that he probably doesn't need.
  • Okay, here's the mockup. I did this somewhat quickly, so please excuse the mismatched fonts.

MyjTcnO.png
  • When you start a contribution, you are supposed to receive an e-mail that also has the login information and a link to the page. You can also bookmark the page.
  • Will try that. Thanks.

EDIT: Huh? I didn't get any emails. If it's okay with SomeGuy, I will create a test contribution and see if I get an email for that. Also my email is an outlook.com account so that may have something to do with it.

EDIT 2: SomeGuy-- bookmarking the page isn't an option for me. For reasons I'd rather not explain. So I rely almost entirely on these emails working.
  • I never received an email either (and I checked my Spam folder).
  • Yeah, it seems like site wide emails are broken, and not just with the janky phpBB 3.0 sending out 3000 notifications for 1 event anymore.

Anyway it's kind of ugly still and doesn't have the fancy badges the ACP does or pagination but it'll do for now: https://winworldpc.com/library/my/contributions
  • Thanks! :D

What is the difference between the New and Uploaded statuses?

I don't want to ask too much, but a reason for rejection would be nice (if present).
  • The difference between new and uploaded is whether or not you hit that "I'm Finished" button. Once a staff member is preparing your contribution it will show 'Processing', followed by either Rejected/Public.
  • stitch wrote:

Snazzy! I like it! :D (Says the person with one contribution to show... :roll:)
  • stitch wrote:
    This is really useful. Could you add a link to it to the little menu that drops down when you click on your user name in the library?
  • Please revive this.

• @0fcaa5 said:
    Please revive this.

This will only come back once the staff have re-opened contributions from the site. Until then, you can get instructions from the various posts SomeGuy has made about contributions.