[STOP: 0x7B] Dell Dimension 2400 dual boot w\ Windows 7 & XP not going to well...

So, I have a Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows 7 Home installed. The drive is partioned to where there is 30GB for Windows 7 and 10GB for Windows XP (40GB HDD). I rebooted the computer, boot it into the Windows XP install via USB and waited. Then a few charming seconds later, screen goes black, a blue screen appears and the scary white text appear. It was the Blue Screen of DEATH! With stop error code of 0x0000007B thing could get worse. But nothing else happen. The End. OK kids, story time over. Does any one have a fix for that error code? 0x0000007B or 0x7B? I tried everything on the internet. Computer is stock but RAM looked upgraded before I bought it.

Comments

• General Rule of Thumb:"Install the newer version of Windows last." So you should install Win XP first and then W7.

• @altracker9 said:
    General Rule of Thumb:"Install the newer version of Windows last." So you should install Win XP first and then W7.

But that not what I'm trying to do. I read a how to geek article of install Windows XP on PCs with Windows 7 preinstalled and dual boot. Plus I never heard of the rule nor it makes sense.

• OK, after the computer sits off for a while, Windows XP will install. Strange...