Keyboard problem on a ThinkPad 760L

Hello everybody.

I got a few days ago the model ThinkPad 760L with a few issues. The first one was a bad 810MB drive, for which I purchased a 2.1GB one and so far so good.

Now, when I received the notebook the keyboard was working fine. Boot the notebook today and I can’t use any keys other than the function keys and the six-key group (PgUp, PgDn, Ins, Home, Del, End). And also, they have their Fn hold stuck. What I mean with this is that normally a function key needs to have held the Fn key to perform special functions on a computer, like save to RAM, a teen to VGA, Battery read, etc. But now I just press the funcion keys and the corresponding function is performed.

Can this mean just a keyboard issue, for which if so I do have a replacement saved in my bookmarks? Or it is worse, like a problem with the system board not recognizing the keyboard presses properly?

I hope to read your comments.
Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

Comments

• Maybe it's either bad contacts inside the laptop (where the keyboard connects to), or there might be sticky residue inside the keys themselves.

• Try re-seating the connector, disassembling, cleaning, and re-assembling the keyboard.
    You know, the usual stuff.

• Already tried those tips and still no go. Must be something I screwed up during the hard disk swapping at the moment.

Anyways, I have an external keyboard and it works perfectly, so I will order a spare hard drive and a keyboard assembly soon. Thank you very much both of you for your help.