Rapid Application Development Tool - Anybody identify it?

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help satisfy a half-memory in my head.

I recall a piece of software - I first saw a boxed copy around 1998, and I think it was much older than that as it was for Windows 3. It basically allowed you to design and produce simplistic database driven applications, but without any programming. You could drag and drop things onto forms (much like Visual Basic or Delphi), but then somehow join it all together to do things for you. I don't think you could create anything particularly amazing with it, but at the time I imagine it was pretty impressive.

Does anybody else know what I'm talking about? I've never seen it since. We had a boxed copy at the computer shop I used to work at, ostensibly for sale, but I doubt anybody ever bought it as it was old when I saw it!

Comments

• Might need more information about it. Tools for database development without writing code were common. Two of the bigger names I can think of include Borland's ObjectVision and Gupta's SQL*Windows. Even Microsoft Access was largely marketed on the promise of the easy no-code views though code was needed for anything useful.

• I think it was ObjectVision. The boxart looks very familiar, and the name certainly rings a bell.