Oldest PC related software you use...

What is the oldest PC related software you use?
For me, its PaintShop PRO 3...
So whats yours?

Comments

• Microsoft FrontPage 2003. I've had it installed on my system for years now and I prefer it over the newer ones that are around.

• Visio 2000. I don't own licenses for any older/newer versions.

• Cyberlink PowerDVD 6. It works excellent for playing DVDs.

• I still use LView Pro 1.D2 from 1995 to change brightness/contrast and resize images.

• I still like Microsoft Word 2, and Excel 3. On occasion I'll use QuickC for Windows. I've been playing with GCC 1.27 on and off. I guess it all depends. I wanted to get back into Windows NT MIPS, which means Visual C++ 4.0, but I have something else I need to do first before I jump into yet another project.

• The oldest PC software that I actually use on a regular basis is Office 2000. I don't like the newer versions past 2003, and 2000 does pretty much everything I need. I installed the Office compatibility pack so I can open and edit the new .docx files.

• @nick99nack said:
    The oldest PC software that I actually use on a regular basis is Office 2000

Oh yeah, that was the bomb. I've had fond memories of that myself ;)

• QBasic 1.1 for DOS (1991) :)

• I still use Hayes Smartcom for Windows 3.1 (for RipScript).

• drives.com from PC-Mag, dates back to the 1980s.

• Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise... Too new...

• I often use Lotus 1-2-3 2.4 on my HP 200LX palmtop, and that dates to around 1992. I also use DataPerfect, which originated in the late '80s, although the most recent release is from 2008. It still runs on DOS with only ~300 KB RAM, though.

Also, I occasionally tinker with TurboC 2.01 on my HP, and that looks like it was released in 1988.

• @nick99nack said:
    The oldest PC software that I actually use on a regular basis is Office 2000. I don't like the newer versions past 2003, and 2000 does pretty much everything I need. I installed the Office compatibility pack so I can open and edit the new .docx files.

Same for me too on Windows 2000.

• I have fond memories of the earlier versions of office. 2003 was pretty good and I used it for a while. I didn't care for 2007 when it came out, but I loved 2010. I still use 2010 on my main desktop occasionally, but since I use Office 365 I've upgraded to 2016 on all of my other PC's and use a published app on my desktop for Outlook 2016. It's not without its issues and I sometimes would rather use 2010. You can get Outlook 2010 working with Office 365 if you get all the right patches, which I did do on a VM, but I just didn't bother with on my physical machines.

I had to really think what the oldest software I use on a regular basis is and other than Office 2010, I think the oldest software I use is Photoshop CS5. I had to check but apparently it's from 2010, I didn't realize it was that old. Still perfectly good. I'm sure I have older software somewhere, but it's not something I use regularly.