Downloads Don't Work At All

I joined this website several days ago, and now only recently while trying to download a pre-release version of Windows Whistler, none of the servers will work and I cannot download. The error I keep getting is either an invalid download link error or from the other servers [Bubbles, Julian and the other one that's not from Germany] I get an error that states that the server is disallowed. I hope I did not get banned from downloading from this website as I find your material interesting. A quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Have you checked your IP? That might be why you can't download anything.

• edited April 2018

I checked my IP and they match up, so that cannot be the problem.

• Well, that's strange, the test says that my IP address on their side is the same as it really is, but when I go to download from Ricky it comes up with another IP address.

• edited April 2018

I did a lookup on the IP address you're posting from (only visible to staff, for the record) and noticed you're a satellite internet user.

Of all ISPs that would be most likely to have behind-the-scenes 'shenanigans' with IPs/routing/CGNAT, I'd expect to it be satellite-based providers.

Unfortunately like other people with the same problem, we don't have an immediate solution for you. We are working towards replacing our antiquated anti-hotlink system with something more robust so users like yourself don't have these difficulties - simply removing it isn't an option due to the amount of inconsiderate people that are abundant online.

• The strange thing is that I had absolutely no problem downloading from here a few days ago, I downloaded versions of old DOS operating systems like 86DOS and stuff like that and then I messed with that for a few hours. I came back the next day and I could not download anything at all.

• That is quite odd; typically it either works or it doesn't.

As far as I know nothing relating to our mirror setup has been changed recently, so I can't offer an explanation at the moment but I'll look into it.

• It seems to be working now that I just downloaded Windows 1.01. Thank you so much!