Windows Longhorn 4042 Problem

Every time I try to boot Windows Longhorn build 4042, it is stuck on the bootscreen. FOREVER. I waited 30 minutes and not work. I hope at least waiting 1-4 hours works. I tried start installation from Windows XP to make it work but the iso file can’t change. Anybody please help meeee!!!!

Comments

• P.S. it was in VMware

• Windows Longhorn tends to be hard to install on VMWare. I'd recommend checking to see if you are using IDE hard drive, set compatibility mode to version 4 or 5, and set the BIOS date properly. If that didn't work, you can try using QEMU.

• didnt work with changing to 4-5

• but had IDE and correct BIOS

• Or how about Longhorn Packet 1.21?

• You can try that, although I recommend using QEMU as it virtualizes real hardware instead of being a hypervisor so it will install fine. PCem and 86Box can do the same, although it is painfully slow.

• But in Build 4015, tried using Longhorn Packet 1.21 but I couldn't move the iso inside the "SETUP FILES HERE" zip file, so it didn't work :(

• Simply run the Longhorn 4015 setup from Windows 2000 or Windows XP and do a custom install, it will boot setup then. Like I said, avoid using hypervisors like VMWare and Virtualbox to install these builds more easier.

• Trying 4015 from build 4008 but can’t drag and drop setup.exe from the host into the virtual machine
    Help meeeeee againnnnn!!!!!!!!!

• For longhorn packet, create a new bootable iso. Extract all the files from 4015 into the unboot folder. Is that still the folder? You could probably use poweriso to modify the lh packet iso and 7zip to extract the 4015 iso.

As for the running 4015 from 4008, the idea was to use the pe from 4008 by deleting 4015's boot folder and replacing it with a working one from 4008. Not simply copying setup.exe.

• Can’t move 4008 iso boot folder to 4015 iso
    Due to “not enough space available” need additional 148 mb. help me please
    Any reason to make it work pleaseeeeeee

• From Windows Explorer