Converting Win ziped opened files ending in .dsk to .dbf

I am trying to access the dBase III Plus v. 1.1 from your archive
I have downloaded it and unzipped it, but I am having problems converting all of those .dsk files to usable .pdf files.
No problem with the .jpg or .txt files
Really after the setup / exe files so I can install it on my XP machine were I have to work with dbf files in a DOS environment which my XP can handle.

Long explanation 4 a short question
TIA
Burt

Comments

• PDF?! No, .IMG and .DSK files contain the contents of a FLOPPY DISK. You either mount it in an emulator, write it to a real floppy disk, or extract the DOS files with Winimage (this last one does not always work as setup programs often look for volume labels floppy filesystem information, or copy protection, hence why we distribute them in this format. You would have known this if you had bothered to read some of the resources on this site first.

• edited July 2018

@SomeGuy said:
    PDF?!

I think he means DBF, which is a dBase file format. It must be AutoCorrect. Either way what you said after is the same.

• edited August 2018

I also wanted to understand it: They are named .dsk, but in this case they turned out as normal floppy images usually represented by .img files. If you can't open them with WinImage, rename them to .img files and continue – like SomeGuy said.

So these .dsk files contain the DBase setup and executables you need for your work with .dbf files.

• how do you convert 7Z to ISO so etcher can write a proper version to the disk? it says 7Z is not useable?

• @KennysBoat said:
    how do you convert 7Z to ISO so etcher can write a proper version to the disk? it says 7Z is not useable?

You don't. You extract the 7z file by using a file archive manager such as 7-zip, WinRAR, or WinZIP. The ISO file should be inside the 7z archive file.

• thanks by the way i'm achieving all win world windows downloads to the way back machine if someone could help by doing mac OS or other that would be nice thanks community!

This discussion has been closed.