Windows Whistler RC 2

edited February 2018 in Product Comments

Windows Whistler RC 2

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• New Serial for Microsoft Windows XP (''Whistler'' 5.1.2535.0 Professional RC2)
    DW3CF-D7KYR-KMR6C-3X7FX-T8CVM

• I think the theme of regular Whistler releases is better. Whistler Version: 2410. :)

• @BF10 said:

@basic86 said:
    Just a ran across a post that I've found a while ago about the status of XP - "Windows XP SP3 was released on April 21, 2008. Therefore, it does not meet the 10-year-old requirement. As was stated above, it won't be abandonware until April 21, 2018." - It's the 9th of May 2018 today, lemme guess, it's well and truly abandonware now right ? I know POSready 2009 is in extended support till 2019, but it's Windows Embedded, which is"cosmetically" a different branch of Windows. Are you guys still firmly against putting Final XP copies as of today ? Buying XP on ebay today is like buying floppies of Windows 3.1 on ebay. They're both ancient products. Sorry, not being a prick, just been waiting this long to finally see it become abandonware, and can't contain the excitement :)

It still is not going to be added because there are still incarnations still supported. POSReady is based on XP SP3. 4.36% of computers still use Windows XP, so it's still not in danger of being rare. It's not going to be abandonware for a while, period.

Schools like "Muse" and "South Central" still use it, so it is not abandonware until schools stop using it.

• Also, since 2481 added the XP sounds and themes, RC2 and RC1 and builds higher than 2481 and 2481 itself is basically RTM.

• Yes, it does look like the Windows XP we all know and love.

So does Windows 98SE with Revolutions Pack 9.7 installed and the Luna theme selected.

Conversely, you can enable the Windows Classic visual style and make it look similar to 9x/2000.

• @win32 said:
    Yes, it does look like the Windows XP we all know and love.

So does Windows 98SE with Revolutions Pack 9.7 installed and the Luna theme selected.

Conversely, you can enable the Windows Classic visual style and make it look similar to 9x/2000.

Yes.

• Anybody know a hack that will allow you to activate Whistler RC2? Microsoft seems to have deactivated all of their XP era activation servers, and all XP activation hacks I have read about don't seem to work on Whistler RC2. So I'm limited to a 30 day period, after which I need to either reinstall it, or use a snapshot in my virtual machine to return it to its "just installed" state. Of course then if I do that then I lose any files I've saved on the virtual machine. So I'm hoping someone here has an activation hack that will work with Whistler RC2.

• @Videogamer555 said:
    Anybody know a hack that will allow you to activate Whistler RC2? Microsoft seems to have deactivated all of their XP era activation servers, and all XP activation hacks I have read about don't seem to work on Whistler RC2. So I'm limited to a 30 day period, after which I need to either reinstall it, or use a snapshot in my virtual machine to return it to its "just installed" state. Of course then if I do that then I lose any files I've saved on the virtual machine. So I'm hoping someone here has an activation hack that will work with Whistler RC2.

@Videogamer555
    Hello, yes there is a hack to activate RC2, its called Tweak NT, you can kill the Windows Whistler RC2 timebomb and product key with it, i will leave a download here.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/b55tu8k5tc7jtpj/TwakNT_Disk.iso/file

• The two builds here are actually Pre-RTM builds.
  • Are there any more Windows Whistler RC2 builds available to upload here?
  • Have you not updated your lists? 2526 is the official RC2 build, and 2535/2542 are Pre-RTMs, with the "Bliss" wallpaper shown.
  • Do these require product keys? (I have not tried yet)
  • Build 2542 Serial: BX6HT-MDJKW-H2J4X-BX67W-TVVFG
  • I need one for Windows Whistler 5.1.2542.0 Professional RC2
  • Closest were getting to Final. (Not asking for XP)
  • why is the website link or whatever called windows-xp? shouldn't it be windows-whistler?
  • [why is the website link or whatever called windows-xp? shouldn't it be windows-whistler?]

Because Windows XP is the name of the final product that Whistler turned into. There are going to be times when you'd think it should use one name but then see the other.