BetaArchive Free FTP account no longer exists?

Back when the site had the old layout there was a page that was a ftp account for BetaArchive. It kinda sucks that you have so do painful garbage just to get a basic Windows beta build. But when the site got redesigned. It was nowhere to been seen. Was it because BA staff banned the ftp account?

Comments

• edited October 2018

This site is Not for BA.
    There is no reason to comment (discuss) about BA on WinWorld.
    Please ask it on BA.

I think this topic should be locked.

• No, the free account was never real in the first place. The page existed for the sole purpose of taking a jab at the BA owners

• edited October 2018

Correct, it was a bad joke. It was not real. Opening it would just take you to the main WinWorld FTP, which at the time was already openly available via HTTP.

That went away after mirrors were added and hotlinking protection was enabled.

It's not that hard to find something to contribute to BA. Just hop on eBay and find a random $0.99 budget CD.

• @ibmpc5150 said:
    This site is Not for BA.
    There is no reason to comment (discuss) about BA on WinWorld.
    Please ask it on BA.

I think this topic should be locked.

Well if i threw that message to BA i would just get perm banned for ""begging for ftp"". I was just asking what happend with that page. Nothing interesting.

• edited October 2018

I was able to get a cache of the page via Google. It looks sacrastic. I remember some years ago when i tried connecting and it did a error. Not even going to WinWorld's FTP server.

• @Chaz

Here is WinWorld, not BA.
    Also you seem to not understand the thread about "Site Issues"
    Why not discuss on BA if you wonder?

• edited October 2018

@ibmpc5150 said:
    @Chaz

Here is WinWorld, not BA.
    Also you seem to not understand the thread about "Site Issues"
    Why not discuss on BA if you wonder?

Because BA's members thinks i'm like "plz give me ftp aceces plz i need it so i can beat test iwndows" and i will get banned there. I placed it on Site Issues because it used to be a PAGE that returned to my brain's memory after all of those years.

I clearly remember BA said "Please do not talk about any discussion about a free FTP account. If you see one on YouTube. It's fake" or something like that.

THE PAGE was only a prank that actually promoted WinWorld's FTP servers. Which might no longer be possible to access with a basic FTP app since WinWorld had a few changes + the Adventure CMS.

• If only i could close threads... :/

• Well, you can't. Too bad.

And @ibmpc5150, Chaz made it perfectly clear that he would prefer not to discuss it with BA themselves, for the risk of getting banned or whatever. Please take that in the next time anybody else complains about them, even if it's about their unhealthy obsession with Windows 10 builds.