I can't download anything

When I want to download something,a ip which is not mine will block me(Ricky's error message is invalid download id,Lahey's error message is server disallowed).Strangely,It happened all over my city,but when I use a VPN or a server when is not in my city,It can download.

↑This is my capture package information

Comments

• edited January 2019

Go to this page and test your connection: https://winworldpc.com/download/test

If the IP addresses are different, then you have a problem with your ISP.

We are aware of a few badly behaved ISPs that change IP addresses for each connection. This is unsupported behavior and breaks download systems like ours.

You will either need to take the matter up with your ISP, use a different ISP, or use a VPN.

• I can not download anything - Ip Addresses match with out a problem - all I get is a file information - checksum info etc.. nothing else..Nice Listing of Operating Systems though - too bad they can't be downloaded.

• So what exactly happens when you click on the link for each mirror? You do know how to click a link, right?

• @RockSolid said:
    Ricky's error message is invalid download id,Lahey's error message is server disallowed

I suppose he clicked the mirrors.

• Can I edit the hosts file to download?

• Go to this page and test your connection: https://winworldpc.com/download/test

If the IP addresses are different, then you have a problem with your ISP.

We are aware of a few badly behaved ISPs that change IP addresses for each connection. This is unsupported behavior and breaks download systems like ours.

You will either need to take the matter up with your ISP, use a different ISP, or use a VPN.

• Considering how many sites with mirrors automatically select a mirror and initiate the download, it wouldn't hurt to add one sentence to the download pages: "Select one of the mirror site links below to intiate the download". My first reaction when no download started was to follow the link for "check what site and mirrors report".

Don't know if it is possible within the current scheme of things, but would sure be nicer for user and could reduce load on mirrors if the download technique used supported resuming an interrupted download instead of starting from scratch each time. Took me at least 5 tries on different mirrors and 1.5 GB of download just to successfully get one 625MB file, and my 100/20 Mbs connection to my ISP had no obvious problems with other sites. One of the failed download attempts failed almost at the end, several others near the mid-way point.

• Hi, My IP is the same on both mirrors. I cannot find an actual link to download win 3.11

Clicking the (Retail Full) Link, I get a page with the item Specs and this:

You have used 0 of your current 50 downloads. This count will reset daily.

Having trouble with downloads? You may want to check what the site and mirrors report if they aren't working when reporting an issue.

Ricky (Germany, EU)
    Lahey (Austria, EU)

But no download link.

Help?

• Did you try clicking on either Ricky or Lahey? They both work for me

• Ricky and Lahey are the names of our current mirrors. You click on one of those to start your download.

Facepalm at anyone who can't figure this out.

This discussion has been closed.