.VHD / .VDI Files

Hello. I would like to find a website where i can download .vhd or .vdi files of operating systems (Betas and full releases).
Thank you. Dave

Comments

• We have a few VM images on winworld, but they are not very useful as almost ANY pre-installed imaged will be specific to the VM or emulator (Virtual PC, VirtualBOX, VMWare, QEMU, PCE, PCEm, and so on.) and configured to the particular version. In other words old VM images may not work right on newer versions.

You are best advised to learn how to install each OS in to an emulator. After all, you will likely want to customize the configuration anyway. You should tell us which VM/Emulator you are using so we can help you better.

• I am using VirtualBox.

• @SomeGuy said:
    We have a few VM images on winworld, but they are not very useful as almost ANY pre-installed imaged will be specific to the VM or emulator (Virtual PC, VirtualBOX, VMWare, QEMU, PCE, PCEm, and so on.) and configured to the particular version. In other words old VM images may not work right on newer versions.

I've used a couple of the virtual hard drives (mainly used for Virtual PC or VMWare) from the library in VirtualBox, and they work fine. Doesn't give me some kind of virtual hard drive compatibility error.

• edited May 2019

VirtualBox supports both vhd (VPC) and vmdk (VMWare) format files. Older and/or fringe OS support leaves much to be desired though.

If we're still around in 2104 we could provide a Windows 7 Ultimate VHD and be able to boot from it natively, without any virtualizer overhead and with few limitations.

• Thank you guys for answers. I will try to find it on internet.

• @DEJVOSS said:
    Thank you guys for answers. I will try to find it on internet.

You know you don't have to use a pre-made VHD to install operating systems in hypervisors. You can just make your own VHD in your hypervisor and install the OS using an ISO image file. However, if you're going to install something like Windows Chicago (95 betas), then you may have to use a pre-made VHD, because most Chicago builds can be a pain to install in most emulators.

• @win32 said:
    If we're still around in 2104 we could provide a Windows 7 Ultimate VHD and be able to boot from it natively, without any virtualizer overhead and with few limitations.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/knom/2009/04/07/windows-7-vhd-boot-setup-guideline/