ok I know windows xp WILL NOT be put on win world until MS releases the rights but...

ok I know windows xp WILL NOT be put on win world until MS releases the rights but when will MS release Windows xp rights? when major corporations are completely done with it? admin I dont mean to violate rules about requesting XP on WW. Im just asking for information about Windows Xp.

Comments

• Not for a while, I suspect. According to NetMarketShare, 3.72% of PCs are still running XP. There are roughly 1.5 billion PCs in use, last I checked. That's roughly 55 million PCs still running XP. Not even close to abandonware.

• MS was originally saying they'd release a patch to disable WPA when XP fell out of support.
    That hasn't happened yet. Should give you an idea.

• @nick99nack said:
    According to NetMarketShare, 3.72% of PCs are still running XP

Well on the contrary, this says 1.54%, as of August 2019. Even so, XP will always be immortal, whether people like it or not. Although, you would've thought that it'd be gone outright when the POSReady edition of it came to an end in April.

Give it another five years, and maybe things will change.

• edited September 2019

If you suffer from XPhobia, don't seek a job in the Armenian IT sector.

16 years of NT 5.x for me and I'm not giving up. I wrote this in a request thread for server 2003:

Visual Studio 2019 can still target Windows XP/2003, much like Office 2000 (and not 97 shh) has an compatibility pack for 2007 format files so it's probably the existence of useful (official) life-extending components that determine whether MS will allow it to be uploaded or not.

Still too useful and competitive with Windows 10, and that won't change for awhile. My ThinkPad T60 just took a hit to the screen from a metal water bottle and keeps trucking on with extended Windows 2000! If its extensions were officially sanctioned by M$, it wouldn't be here either.

and yeah, the last public update for XP was in may, with a premier support update accidentally released then pulled sometime after that, so it's quite possible that there are still many support contracts for XP.