Mac OS X Tiger

edited November 2019 in Offers & Requests

Hello!

I have an old disc of OS X 10.4 tiger. But i was wondering if it is abandonware by now and if so could perhaps share with WinWorld? Saw it on Macintosh Garden so perhaps it is abandonware.

Thanks,

Jack

Comments

• Abandonware is not a black and white thing. We have been hemming and hawing as to add it or not. Perhaps eventually, but the bandwidth used and storage space don't seem worth it quite yet. Me, personally, I have much more uncommon titles that need my limited attention and time.

• @SomeGuy said:
    Abandonware is not a black and white thing. We have been hemming and hawing as to add it or not. Perhaps eventually, but the bandwidth used and storage space don't seem worth it quite yet. Me, personally, I have much more uncommon titles that need my limited attention and time.

As reference:
    https://www.quora.com/How-many-Mac-owners-are-still-using-OS-X-Snow-Leopard

If Snow leopard users reduced as much, Tiger should be far less. The problem is that tiger and above is ppc/intel whereas 10.0 to 10.3 is soley ppc and no one absolutely uses ppc so these can be considered abondonware. Tiger like you said is questionable.

• Jack, Tiger retail discs are PowerPC only.... Macintosh Garden has them in both a DVD and the less common CDs.

• @RetroMacUser1999 said:
    Jack, Tiger retail discs are PowerPC only.... Macintosh Garden has them in both a DVD and the less common CDs.

Yeah, I realize that now. I gave the imac g3 away and I was thinking it was intel the whole time!(lol) until I searched Google. Wasn't a computer geek back then.

• I read that their were beta disks from the intel switch that could be hackintoshed