[OFFER]

edited May 2020 in Offers & Requests

[OFFER]
there are a lot of old programs here http://old-dos.ru

Comments

• Lame "offer". And most of what they have are crap.

If you see a SPECIFIC program on that site that you think should be on Winworld, feel free to discuss. But I don't have time any more to dig through that site.

• Hello. I am one of the moderators of this site.
    We ourselves are putting things in order there.

If possible, I ask you to indicate in the comments (of item) all problems. So it will be much easier to clean the file base. Thank.

• I think LEV115 is still not specific program on this thread.

https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/12120/offer

• I deleted his other thread since there was no actual DISCUSSION in it.

A DISCUSSION would along the line of "Oh, hey this site over here has Windows 98 in a specific language that Winworld does not have. It does not look like a genuine ISO image, but I have tested it out for myself and it looks good. Bla, bla, more info..."

Not just posting random links.

German, I normally comment on things when I visit other archive sites, but old-dos.ru is a Russian web and I don't read/write Russian. Not that it matters, because I have not had time to look at that site in ages.

I don't know what old-dos's standard are, but on WinWorld we strongly desire unaltered, complete, media image dumps. Most of what is not has been carefully examined, tested, and re-packaged by me.

• @SomeGuy said:
    German, I normally comment on things when I visit other archive sites, but old-dos.ru is a Russian web and I don't read/write Russian. Not that it matters, because I have not had time to look at that site in ages.

I don't know what old-dos's standard are, but on WinWorld we strongly desire unaltered, complete, media image dumps. Most of what is not has been carefully examined, tested, and re-packaged by me.

The Old-DOS website allows the use of English for people who do not speak Russian. In particular, comments from English-speaking users may be useful to me and other moderators to adjust the content.

On the site we place the software versions that can be found. Original dumps are preferable, but incomplete versions are allowed if the original is no has in collection.
    Key selection criteria: 20th century software running on IBM PC compatible computers and clones.

This discussion has been closed.