Downloads

In my old age, 74 years, "Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.", I have resurrected an old 80386 computer and I am looking at some MSDOS programs again and trying to get the Amstrad PCW version of CP/M up and running, as well with emulators. I also have the MSDOS programs on my dual booting Linux Mint/Windows 7 computer via DosBox. There are one or two items I am interested in, Ashton-Tate's Framework for example, but I cannot figure out how to download them after selecting them. Will someone help, please? Moreover, how do I unregister from Discord, please?. It is not what I thought it was. I was under the mistaken impression it was this Forum until I looked at the Winworld site as closely as I should have done at first. (Asperger's Syndrome can be a pain sometimes.)

Comments

• As for Ashton-Tate Framework 1.0 (5.25-360k), after selecting, under "Mirrors" select either Julian (Kansas City, US) or Ricky (Germany, EU), Julian is quicker here in The UK. That's it.
  • Unfortunately, Framework 1.0 is one of the more complicated ones. It uses laser-hole copy protection, and there is no way to write it back to a real disk.

Use Framework III instead, and all you have to do is write it to disks with a 360k drive.

See the "Formats" link at the top of the page for more information about Winworld archives.
  • I’ve wondered about the disks with holes in them for copy protection. What does the protection actually do to check for the hole, compared to some other “bad sector” copy protection? Does it try to write to it? If so, I wonder if if a kryoflux, with appropriate software support, could be used to write to that spot in high density, which most low density drives cannot easily overwrite, and then write the rest of the disk in low density or perhaps in another drive.
  • One of the software spotlights goes in to this in detail, but yes, it writes to the bad sector. Simple, yet hard to replicate. That's an interesting idea about using a high density disk with a high density spot, although I'd expect it would succeed at over writing it eventually.
  • Moreover, how do I unregister from Discord, please?. It is not what I thought it was. I was under the mistaken impression it was this Forum until I looked at the Winworld site as closely as I should have done at first.

You can simply delete your account from there, by delving down in your account settings (I forgot the exact steps, sorry). Also,
    Asperger's Syndrome can be a pain sometimes.

Never use this as an excuse. We all make mistakes, and disability shouldn't be brought into them.