Windows Whistler Beta 2

edited January 2018 in Product Comments

Windows Whistler Beta 2

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Fatal Error An error has benn encontered that prevents setup from comtouing q

• @nsuyom said:
    Fatal Error An error has benn encontered that prevents setup from comtouing q

Change the BIOS date for the virtual machine. If you need to find the date go to The Collection Book.

• windows whistler 5.1.2499.0 there is no user32.dll

• @Yeremy said:
    windows whistler 5.1.2499.0 there is no user32.dll

https://www.thecollectionbook.info/builds/windows/build/320#fixes

• The Build 2465 to kinda same as windows xp

• @AlexRulesVGCP said:
    The Build 2465 to kinda same as windows xp

That's because at that point builds reach the same as XP. 2481 adds the XP sounds and theme colors, and after that it's just minor development.

• It should be noted that some Whistler builds have a hard time installing in hypervisors like VirtualBox and VMWare, but the solution is to install Whistler from a special copy of MS-DOS 6.22 with CD-ROM support and set the clock to the proper BIOS date for a certain Whistler build in DOS.

Read: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=39572

• I can't get it to work, always BSODs VM. Please help!

• Beta 2 section...and yet the official Beta 2 build (2462) isn't in the list.

• edited May 2020

Windows Whistler Beta 2 Build 2474 wont detect my virtual hard drive on VMware! Any help?
    BTW i changed the date to 2000

• @XDb0i said:
    Windows Whistler Beta 2 Build 2474 wont detect my virtual hard drive on VMware! Any help?

Set the date to 8th May 2001.

• @jonirob said:

@XDb0i said:

Set the date to 8th May 2001.

it did not help...

• I've just tried it in VirtualBox and it installed with no problems.

• The official Beta 2 (2462) is missing and anything above it goes in RC1.
  • I have build 2462 but in Trad.Chinese
  • None of the Beta 1 builds of Windows Whistler are working. Does the Beta 2 builds of Windows Whistler work?
  • Windows Whistler 5.1.2495.0 Professional B2 works fine. There are no errors in that build. Does anyone have the product key for that build?
  • edited December 2020
    @Cesare Vesdani
    QB2BW-8PJ2D-9X7JK-BCCRT-D233Y.
    P.S.
    All the Beta 1 builds are working fine.
  • Thanks for the product key. The Beta 1 builds of Windows Whistler does not work on VirtualBox. Why?
  • @Cesare Vesdani
    The Beta 1 builds all work fine in 86Box.
  • Ah really. I tried many Beta 1 builds and I get errors that there are system files missing.
  • I can't even find 2462, how ironic..
  • edited April 2021
    Build 2458 here is broken. I tried installing it but ntoskrnl.exe is missing, so it won't start after the first stage of setup. It needs to be replaced.

P.S. Build 2454 is modified. It contains a crack, the CD label is incorrect, and it isn't bootable while it should be. It cannot even find the EULA after starting setup from MS-DOS.