Large Amount of mostly seal box IBM software from Computer Reset.

edited January 2021 in Offers & Requests
It seems like every time I got to computer reset I come back with a car load of software. I’ve now gotten myself into a hole I may never get out of :)

I’m just kidding of course, but I do have so much, and much of it has likely already been archived, but perhaps manuals need added or something might need redumped. So I’ll post a list of what I’ve got, and if anyone want me to prioritize anything, I’ll add it to the top of the list.

Most of this stuff is IBM in the 3 ring binder or plastic boxes. A couple of things are PCJr cartridges, which might be harder for me to backup because I still didn’t buy a PCJr. There is some random non-IBM stuff too, like wordperfect and lotus.

Computer Easy Math Climbers
Novell DR DOS 6.0 3.5” floppies
Decision Resources Diagram Master
SSI WordPerfect Library
SSI MathPlan
Prodigy
NEC APC Powermate MS-DOS 3.30 and GWBasic
Lotus CC:Mail 8
Lotus 1-2-3 2.01 3.5”
IBM Storyboard Plus
Samna Word III
IBM Personal Editor
QMS Laser Control
IBM PC-DOS 5.02 5.25
IBM PC-DOS 5.02 3.5
Display Write 4/2
PC-DOS 3.20 3.5”
EZ-VU II development facility
Plans+ 2.00
Display Write 2 1.10
Procomm Plus 2.01
Topview
Micropro Starburst
Practiword
Jr. WordPerfect
Quattro Pro 3.0 3.5” and 5.25”
Designasaurus II

1/17/21

Topview programmers toolkit
Lotus 123 PCJr installation kit
EZ-VU runtime facility
Productivity extensions: appointment calendar edition.
WordPerfect 6.0 dos
PC PicturePak Holidays
Basic primer
PCJr color paint
Punctuation skills
Hydrologic cycle
Animation creation
Tv and Cinema 101 triva from talkies to trekkies
Trivia 101 the introduction course
Reports+ edition
Dictionary dog
Home budget jr
Gertrudes secrets
Andrew Tobias managing your money with the IBM PCJr
Moisture in the atmosphere
Language skills
Computers and communication
Assistant executive solutions
Teachers quiz designer
graphing assistant 2.00
Filing assistant
Planning assistant 2.00
Project assistant
Document retrieval assistant
Financial extension edition
Slide write 1.10
Wordproof
Graphing assistant 2.00
Reports+ edition 2.00
Data edition 2.00
Project assistant 1.01
English access edition
Electric desk

Also know that even though most of this stuff is sealed and I’ve had good luck archiving it, there have been occasions when I’ve gotten damaged disks.

Comments

• None jump out at me off hand, but I do have to ask now, what is "QMS Laser Control"?

Of course, just a reminder that even if Winworld does already have something, some titles could use verification, additional scans, manual scans, and any differences may warrant an alternate download.
  • I’m not really sure. I think it’s software for laser printers, but the box mentions emulation too.
  • At one time, QMS had a reputation for high volume/high speed lasers. Worked well on the early networks.
  • The two TopView items could be interesting.
  • Of course, just a reminder that even if Winworld does already have something, some titles could use verification, additional scans, manual scans, and any differences may warrant an alternate download.

This. And therefore would be great to archive all these apps and it's manuals - it's a very rare opportunity to image it from original untouched disks.

Personally I'd be interested in Lotus 1-2-3 2.01 3.5”, Samna Word III and Lotus 123 PCJr installation kit. But again - all other apps are worth to be preserved.
  • Personally I'd be interested in Lotus 1-2-3 2.01 3.5”, Samna Word III and Lotus 123 PCJr installation kit. But again - all other apps are worth to be preserved.

I have Samna Word III (the version on WinWorld is from my copy), but I never got around to scanning the documentation. Also, I think there were multiple revisions of that, so it may be a unique version.
  • I would be interested in any untouched disk image I could find haha. But If i had to choose just a couple, it would probably be the DOS disks.
  • I’ll get to them all eventually, I was just trying to prioritize. Thanks for the input so far. I’ll work on the things mentioned first.
  • The TopView Programmer Toolkit I think is undumped. I know the EZ-VU disks have been dumped, but I don't think themanual hasn't gotten scanned.
  • Wow, there are a lot of IBM PC floppy application packages.