Microsoft Excel 5.x

edited July 2018 in Product Comments

imageMicrosoft Excel 5.x

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I think the best part of Excel 5, is the version for Windows NT.

• Microsoft Excel 5.0a for Mac (3.5) IS CORRUPTED, obviously because it was 7zipped instead of stuffed with StuffIt! What a shame!

• edited February 2019

@CeMarcTremblay said:
    Microsoft Excel 5.0a for Mac (3.5) IS CORRUPTED, obviously because it was 7zipped instead of stuffed with StuffIt! What a shame!

It works perfectly fine for me. Aside from a couple of minor issues, I see nothing wrong with the archive. Winworld does not and can not use Stuffit archives, as appropriate Stuffit versions only runs on vintage Macintosh computers.

Winworld preserves disk images. You may write them to a real floppy using a Kryoflux, or in the case of 1.44mb disk images, even a USB floppy drive. Or you may mount and run them in emulators.

Of course, if you could post exactly what the problem you are having is instead of throwing around stupid accusation, someone might actually be able to help you with your problem.

• I've cleaned up the Excel 5.0a download in case you want to try it again.

• Excel 5.0c Dutch localization disk 2, EXCEL2.CAB appears to be bad. Cannot read despite having tried several healthy disks.Using 5.0a works as expected.
  • Looks ok to me. You aren't using a USB floppy drive are you? Those don't support DMF formatted disks.