Quark Catalyst 3.0

edited October 2020 in Product Comments

imageQuark Catalyst 3.0

Quark Catalyst is an Apple II utility that enabled moving applications,

Read the full story here

Comments

• I've found that the original copy will run on a Laser 128 computer with a 3.5" drive, even though that was not officially supported. A quick test a while back suggested it might not run on an Apple II GS, although it is unknown if any compatibility changes might alter that.

Still not certain how to write this back to a real floppy, as the original is not index-aligned. An SCP is supposed to be able to deal with that, but that didn't work.

There is an unprotected version floating around now, but there is no fun in that.
  • edited November 2021
    QUOTE:
    "If you can test this archive to make sure it works, please post about it on the forum."

I've managed to get this to load in the AppleWin emulator, but that's as far as I've got!

• By "load" do you mean getting it to run, or just viewing the file contents?
  • It's loaded as a hard disk (HDD 1), but I've no idea of what commands to enter to get any further.
  • Right, that is as far as I got in an emulator too. It is supposed to go directly to the Catalyst GUI, but the copy protection fails causing that crash.

That reminds me, I did verify that the ORIGINAL disks ran using a real Laser 128 computer with a Laser 3.5" floppy drive. However, none of the copies I tried to make worked.