Geoworks ... install from restored floppies

Hi,
I'm reinstalling a Toshiba T3100e, adapted with a CF2IDE "disk" and I had no issue to reinstall Windows 3.1 (in CGA, but works well), Dos 6.22, Norton, a few games, IBM assistants ...
But I block on GEOS, I tried 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 2, the problems are :
-Disk "IMA" files are either 360-720-1.2 format and my machine has a 1.44 floppy
-When I use 720 floppies, they are not recognize neither by Windows 10 nor Linux, I succeed to use 720 disk on a Compaq PII with a DD-HD floppy but

Even with the disks created, it stops on disk 1 apparently disks are not recognized as original (I didn't have problem with the same images when mounted in X86box or DosBox (Linux and windows), logic as it's raw image.

Tried also to restore with winimage and dd in linux.

Did you encounter this problem and, found a solution ?

I'm also looking for the 640x400 Toshiba display driver for Windows 3.1.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• You can use Winimage to resize images. That usually works for picky software that expects specific volume labels.

720k aught to work with Windows 10, but the catch is that many USB floppy drives do not support low density (720k) like they are supposed to.
  • If I remember correctly, the install program only checks the floppy's label to determine the correct disk is inserted. Are the labels on your disks blank?