I'm running a Finger Serverer!

QQ
edited June 2004 in Software
I just found it, FServ 3.0.9! Now I can have my own personal Finger Serverer. Too bad it's for Windows 3.xx and has almost NO options. It was what I could find...

-Q

Comments

• it may be a stupid question Q... but what's a finger server :angel: lol
  • It's "Finger Server", not "Finger Serverer"... :roll:
  • I Finger Server lets you say stuff like "This is a server in NJ!", then if ppl finger you, if tells them that.

-Q
  • ohhhh, thanks Q :-)
  • It's a protocol from the early days of the Inet, for getting information about hosts.

-Q
  • OK. It had me scared for a moment. When you finger my server...
  • Unfortunately some Finger Serverers has security holes in them, so when someone fingered your server, they'd really... [CS] it up. :wink:

-Q
  • This is getting more and more disturbing by the post...
  • I wasn't the one who named the protocol.

-Q
  • Ha... I know! Whoever did sure made their idea stick in people's minds. Who did? Bill Clinton?
  • Nahh, Al Gore of course!

-Q
  • Ah, true. Maybe it was a collaborative effort. Al made the technology, Bill named it.

After all, I <i>did</i> invent the rack server. :wink:
  • LOL, I know in mIRC you can run a finger server and a ident server though it.
  • Yea, I ought to get my Fsrv back up and running. This is why I need to learn programming, so I can write better things that what is out there.

I have 2 ideas already.

-Q
  • Why you gonna bring it back?
  • Why not? Ppl can finger me and find out what's going on.

-Q
  • woa if i hadn't have read the first page of this thread i would have been avoiding you Q!
  • BOD wrote:
    woa if i hadn't have read the first page of this thread i would have been avoiding you Q!

LMAO really.... hahahahhah (wrong)
  • Ahh! I admit that the name is a bit odd, but then alot of things in computing have risque names.

-Q
  • OK Q, heres why we say its so wierd:

This definition provided by Urban Dictionary... define your world

finger

to insert your finger in a girl's vagina, causing her great pleasure. best used with the 'come here' motion of your finger.

yo mamma's such a slut she needs the whole arm to feel anything when she gets fingered.

Source: <My name here>, Sep 22, 2003
    link | remove | quality control | send
  • I'm aware of it's connotations and denotations, as I indicated above.

-Q