Oh Dear......what next?!

BODBOD
edited July 2004 in Software

Comments

• Who says that's bad? MS on the run...

-Q
  • Its good that they are promoting alt. operating systems, even tho they are dell.
  • (Sighs) The thing is, many n00bs will think that Dell made Linux (fail) Last year during the football games, my gradma thought that IBM had made linux. I don't blame IBM for those commercials about Linux though.

I think it is a sign of the apoclypse! Dell is havin their computers with Linux! Everybody run!

just jokin about the last remark :)
  • IBM? Linux?

She probly thinks thi sbecuase of those IBM comvercials about Linux.

They actually make some sort of UNIX
  • I think this is a good thing.
  • I hope soon that all of the big computer corps. will sell computers that will offer a consumre to install Windows or Linux, then show the customer a comparison chart of each OS' weakness and strenghs
  • They, especially Dell, would probably charge for Linux, though. I guess a small charge (~$5) is reasonable, though I expect it would be more.
  • Lots of computer companys offer Linux. Just have to ask for it when you buy one. A friend of mine got a IBM that came with linux. The keyboard is even made for Linux. The windows keys are Linux keys lol.
  • As far as Dell goes in selling systems with no O/S. I don't think they sell w/ Linux on it as of yet.

IBM may because they're big on the whone *nix world.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Lots of computer companys offer Linux. Just have to ask for it when you buy one. A friend of mine got a IBM that came with linux. The keyboard is even made for Linux. The windows keys are Linux keys lol.

I kinda figured that'd happen sooner or later