STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error

edited September 2004 in Software
im trying to boot windows nt 3.51 in bochs and when i put in disk 2 i get this:
Microsoft (R) Windows NT (TM) Version 3.51 (Build 1057)
1 System Processor [65344 Kb Memory] MultiProcessor Kernel

STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

Restart and set the recovery options in the system control panel
or the /CRASHDEBUG system start option. If this message reappears,
contact your system administrator or technical support group.

can anyone help me out?

Comments

• The problem is in your hardware, says WindowsNT. Your virtual hardware maybe wrong. Try VirtualPC...
  • vpc wont let me make the boot diskettes. and the diskless operation makes it hang.
  • try install it with the help of winnt /b.
    And why VPC doesn't allow you to make bootdisks? I had no problems with it..
  • do what slash sed. i never make the boodisks
  • i get this when i do /b:
    "WINDOWS HAS DISABLED DIRECT DISK ACCESS TO PROTECT YOUR LONG FILE NAMES.
    THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN HALTED. SEE LOCK /? FOR MORE INFORMATION."
  • are you using a win98 bootdisk?. if you are type "lock" without the quotes before you enter setup
  • edited August 2004
    already did that.. im in nt right now setting up the network. thanks.
  • I think I know how to get VPC to make floppies. Use winimage or a similar floppy image program, make a blank 1.44 MB floppy image, then mount that. It will treat it as a regular floppy in a real drive, then it will write to that image, when it asks for disk 2, just make another blank floppy image.
  • Type LOCK C: in command prompt before installing Windows with winnt /b.
  • it works already, now i need to find out how to get the vmware video and sound drivers to work.
  • The sound drivers are for Sound Blaster 16, there are in every version of Windows. And video drivers must be for S3 Trio, I have them, contact me if they're needed.
  • I need the I/o locations
  • ok, i fucked up big time. i forgot the adminstrator password and i cant install anything now. DAMN! does anyone have any password cracking tools to get around this?
  • OK THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF! NO DRIVERS WILL WORK WITH THIS DAMN OS! i wanted to see if nt3 would be compatable with vmware because it emulates the same hardware thats in my 486. the sound blaster drivers dont work, nt cant get its ipaddress from the dhcp server and it wont see most long filenames.
    slash, can i get the drivers for the s3 trio off of you?
  • FUck this bullshit. ive downloaded 5 different S3 trio drivers, and 10 different soundblasters and none of them even fucking work.fuck this!
  • It works:
    I/O 220
    IRQ 5
    DMA 1
    And makes a perfect sound even in Windows NT 3.51