Soundcard problem in RedHat 9....

edited September 2004 in Software
Well... Im trying to install RH 9 on my only Windows machine so i can move compleatly to Linux and MacOS. One thing dont work, my soundcard. I dont know how to fix it.

The card is a EMU APS. A soundcard that uses the same chipset as the old Soundblaster Live! card. Linux cant find it, and i really need sound.

Thanks!

//Mr.Mac

Comments

• Aren't there some drivers for Linux on Creative's website??

In other words, I dunno, I know Linux MUST detect such soundcards, maybe a problem is in your soundcard?
  • Well... Windows detects it just fine. And RH detects it as "Soundblaster Live!", wich is totally wrong! Its an E-MU card!

//Mr.Mac
  • If it does use the emu10k1 driver, then I don't see why a classification of "Soundblaster Live!" would be totally wrong. Perhaps your channels are muted? Use alsamixer or one of the graphical mixers to see what's going on. Perhaps you could recompile the kernel and add emu10k1 support compiled in (ALSA) with OSS emulation support.
  • Woah, i cant believe radeon actually posted something useful but still thats 1 useful post and 129 filler posts, you are the weakest link, good bye!
  • Let's not fall into his trap and get MrMacs support thread :ot:!

-Q
  • You might have to enable the kernel module for the sound card. Also what WM are you using? Might have to setup OSS or ARTs.