TCPIP.sys....

BODBOD
edited September 2004 in Software
ok i wanna try and get round the 10 connections thing

if i copy the SP1 version of tcpip.sys then slipstream SP2 into my cd then copy the original tcpip.sys back will it work or miserably fail?

Comments

• sounds like a vmware expirement.
  • Windows File Protection will just change it back, but there IS a hacked one that works fine in SP2.
  • hmm it may work ...just test it out first in vmare just to be on the safe side
  • Windows File Protection will just change it back, but there IS a hacked one that works fine in SP2.

i mean change the one on the install CD, surely it cant unless evry file is there twice.....
  • THen it just constantly pops up saying its been changed.
  • how can it if thats the one thats ther from the start?
  • I'm pretty sure Windows Setup/Windows Installed has a database of files + signatures. It knows when a file on the CD/hard drive has been replaced. WFP also knows when you've replaced something in system32\dllcache.
  • I clear the dllcache and then copy it over. When it gives me that, I just say "Cancel" when it asks for the replacement.

As to whether or not SP1 will work in SP2, that's somthing I don't know.

-Q
  • oh well ive solved my problem, get rid of SP2!

yay it now says "windows xp professional" when i start up!! (bounce)
  • BOD wrote:
    ok i wanna try and get round the 10 connections thing

if i copy the SP1 version of tcpip.sys then slipstream SP2 into my cd then copy the original tcpip.sys back will it work or miserably fail?
    I guess it will work, unless you have WFP/SFC enabled...