Operation Continued Future Reconniscince[sic] [PicS!]

QQ
edited October 2004 in Software
OK, so I installed 2003 x64 Beta Trial to see what's better in it then XP x64 Trial Beta. I got a few pleasant surprises and a nasty shock.

So I install it and get this:
SD1.PNG
Alright, I got the submit informations thing in XP, but now it actually IS Server 2003.

I say Send and then get to the thing in the background.
SD2.1.PNG
Well I'm glad that MS is seemingly started to get somewhat serious about it's security. I also note that neither of the Help links work (See below) and that Clicking the "Automatic Updates" one opens My Comp Properties, which does NOT have an Automatic Updates tab.

SD3.PNG
What the...? Kind of a URI is THAT?

So I close that and this comes up!
SD4.PNG
I remove the "File Server" role and close it

SD5.PNG
Now "My Computer" has this annoying "Tip of the Day". I already knew that, Windows...

Well time to get online, doubleclick IE...
SD6.PNG
What the!? Try that again...
SD6.PNG
!!! What IS this! Let me run it directly from the EXE...
SD7.PNG
W?!??Hu?!?RrrGuhEkay/..!?!!!!

THERE IS NO INTERNET EXPLORER#!!!

-Q

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IE in win2003 is messed up anyway..... its got some secrurty shit where until u change settings only M$ sites work
  • BOD wrote:
    IE in win2003 is messed up anyway..... its got some secrurty shit where until u change settings only M$ sites work

he;s got ffx now. I had to download and send him the installer via AIM.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    That's just called "IE Enhanced Security", and it can be very easily disabled/uninstalled.

have done lol
  • AHAHAHHAHAHAH, I LOVE how its so incomplete.
  • Yea even XP x8664 wasn't this bad ::roll:

-Q
  • Cool gallery, really wanna looking at it! Can't wait!

And ABSOLUTELY no IE! This encourages me using it!!
  • IE is missing only because they have no yet completed it. IE is already in XPx64, so clearly theyre putting more effort into the consumer-side version of Windows, and not the server-side, because less people will use it.
  • I hope it won't be in release version, too...
  • I'm aware the IE lack is a fluke, but it's still funny to see an NT Explorer OS without it and not by my hand, unlike usuall ::roll:!

-Q
  • If MS cool , they should make an uninstaller for IE6 in Windows... :)
  • And also removal utility for ActiveX, Registry, Windows Explorer... and leave only Total Commander... HAHAHAHAHAH! LOL
  • toms right windows WONT work without the regisrty....
  • If the Windows Kernal was the brain, the Registry would be the heart, and noone can live w/o a heart. And Windows cannot live w/o a registry, and the Windows shell is kinda like a kidney
  • removing the registry would require completly rewriting windows as it is......
  • Yea that's something I'd want to keep, even if it is strange, (sometimes) convoluted, and gets corrupted.

IE uninstalled I'd like though :D

-Q
  • Linux works without a regystry...
  • Linux is NOT Windows. Linux I think does it with /etc, Windows has the Registry. Removing IE and OCX is possible (Well sortof), removing the Registry is a bit fanciful.

-Q
  • linux is written differently to windows, doesnt it work on config files or sumfin?
  • I think all the stuff in /etc is it's configuration.

-Q
  • wasn't the whole point of the registry is to make it faster to find system config than text files or something like that?
  • Yes linux, and most unixes, run on tons of .conf files in the /etc directory.
  • But I'm sure it's still better than to have registry.