NT 5.0 SP4 Final??? How the hell can you explain that???????

edited October 2004 in Software
That's what I've found on Tomchu's forum... I was seriously shocked when I saw that... NT 5.0 Final... SP4... Build 2195...
Well, just look at the screenshots when IBMWarpster tested that OS:

114.JPG
23.JPG
34.JPG

For more info look @ that topic:
http://forum.tomchu.com/viewtopic.php?t=2329

Comments

• ive seen that on tomchus forum too.

i like the boot screen better than 2k's

german wtf?
  • is it the last RC release? Maybe that's why it still says NT 5, or someone screwed the install and changed the logos.
  • Looks like RC1, because Beta 1 still used the blue nt info screen.
  • my CAD teacher (who I loathe and detest) uses a 2000 RC for his system at school.... because they don't have serial numbers or cd keys...
  • looks hacked to me. if it was an rc it would have a diff. build number. thats the final build.

hmmm also reminds me of win 2.9beta.
  • lol, I tried 2.9 beta before. Ever try windows .99?
  • lol, I tried 2.9 beta before. Ever try windows .99?

i heard of it, i never used it tho.
  • yeah, it was just 1.01.
  • yes. it is a hack. the build numbers are the same as normal 2000.
  • Damn NO!! It cannot be RC cuz build is 2195... also you cannot install SP4 on RCs...
    It seems like a hacked OS, like Win99...
    I need that urgently... better English version...
  • I think it is Windows 2000, but hacked to say Windows NT 5.0 BETA ....SP4
  • Maybe it was a ResHacked up version? Or..., I really don't know! I'd ask Tom/IBM, they may know.

-Q
  • I think it was messed around with alot, and nLite used on it. Its on my FTP if anyone wants to look at it.
  • Slash wrote:
    That's what I've found on Tomchu's forum... I was seriously shocked when I saw that... NT 5.0 Final... SP4... Build 2195...
    Well, just look at the screenshots when IBMWarpster tested that OS:

For more info look @ that topic:
    http://forum.tomchu.com/viewtopic.php?t=2329

it is a modified version of win2k SP4 :)
  • I think it was messed around with alot, and nLite used on it. Its on my FTP if anyone wants to look at it.
    WTF is nLite?
  • Something that lets you slipstream Service Packs in, I think. Ask IBM on AIM, he knows it.

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wow.... nLite seems like a nice little program. But... why can't you just slipstream the service pack yourself... it's not hard to do.
  • Cool! nLite... where to get it... I can't login on Fish's server...
  • wow.... nLite seems like a nice little program. But... why can't you just slipstream the service pack yourself... it's not hard to do.

it isnt hard, i did it to win 2k......
  • HaH! I got nLite... what an excellent utility...
    Thanks 2 all !!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Heh, now I can uninstall some crap without even installing an OS... but still dunno how that program was used to make NT 5.0 Final...
  • Hey... this iso isn't bootable, ah well, I can fix that.
  • In help file there was said that ISO should be bootable, but it's not!!
  • yeah, and when I did fix it... the thing starts with a DR-Dos bootdisk... which is no good as 2000 won't start the install (which I can't read as I don't know whatever language it is in)