more disk space on win 2000

edited November 2004 in Software
hey guys, i had NT on the laptop and upgraded to2000, but it intalled on a 2gb partiton and the rest of the 10gb har drive is unpartitoned, is there a way i can either add it to the existing partition or can i make a new one with all the unpartitioned space

Comments

• partitionmagic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thanks alot guys, tomchu, now im in diskl management what do i do next?
  • Then format it...
  • If you use Windows, it'll add a new partition, probably D: or E:. With partition mgk, you can extend the old one out to fill the whole space. It depends on what you perfer.

-Q
  • I think he wants it to be one big drive.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    RTFP, people.
    is there a way i can either add it to the existing partition or can i make a new one with all the unpartitioned space
    Yes, you looked at the second half, I looked at the first half.
    is there a way i can either add it to the existing partitionor can i make a new one with all the unpartitioned space
    Many of us suggested that he uses Parition Magic or similar parition tool to resize the current partition thus adding the free space to the existing partition.
  • yeah either is acceptable but the first thign mentioned is usually what you'd much rather have.... so thus the suggestion for partition magic..... in this case here suggestions were given for both sides of the ":or" (i think that makes sense?)

anyways i highly recmend partition magic.... works good to fill out the entire space, i've also created a partition in the un partitioned space as tomchu suggested, 2000 was on a 2gb partition like in the situation NitricAcid666 described.... anways either way is good.... but since most programs are gonna install to "C:\program files" (yeah i know you can change that) i'd perfer to have the C: partition for the entire drive....

NitricAcid666 both are good suggestions, just depends on if you want the whole drive or just a second partition