IBM PC 365 Second Processor VRM

edited November 2004 in Hardware
Hey, I figured out why the dual PPRO 200 isn't showing up a dual. I need a voltage regulator to install in a connector (that looks similar to IDE, two rows of pins and all). I have no idea how to find it... I tried their site, they led me to some other site, aparently they have them (they have a voltage regulator, they don't show a picture) for $26, but they are in the UK, so shipping it would be like buying two... I tried ebay, they all seem to look similar, but I found one that showed the bottom side... there were no connectors.... how the hell do you install it... I haven't found anything that resembles an IDE cable on the underside.... here is the link to the one I found... it info make it seem like it fits.. but the pictures leave me confused....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 57432&rd=1
# FRU 12J2699
# PN 0732071502 Rev. B
# D/C 98352W
# 5 VDC
# Matches the industry standard Intel pin configurations
# Features 40 pins (20x2)
# Weighs 48 grams; dimensions are 3

Comments

• Fish and I had one of these, but it wasn't IBM.

Those 2 cuts in the board should let it get "pulled" in, sortof like you do when you install DIMMs. Sorry that's a confusing explanation, but it's best I can describe with my cold fingers.

-Q
  • I've found some sites that have just the VRM, and they are charging like 150 for the damn thing....
  • My HP has a VRM, but its a 3.xxv Pentium VRM. The sockets are all the same. look for a white FDD-like connector near the CPU socket.

If you just buy a 5v (or 12v, depends on the CPU) VRM, it will probably fit.
  • Yeah... I think it's 5V DC to 3.3 or 3.1... I don't know which one the cpu runs at, but I know it's one of those.