The OTHER (origionall) ROS!

QQ
edited December 2004 in Software
HaH! Another (quasi) WB post from another OS! This time it's RISC OS 3.11 or 3.40, I can't tell... Since it's Inet connexion setup is a bit arcane/archaic I'm doing the next best thing: Typing this in !Edit and then saving it and copying it to BlacII.1 and then posting from there! Let's see if I can do that...

-Q

Comments

• WOW! RiscOS! It's pretty old!
    But I wonder how the internet looks like there?
  • Well I haven't gotten it online yet, I just typed that in RISC OS and then saved it and then posted it from Windows, hence "quasi". In typing that I found out something else a little strange, the @ and " keys are swapped! # is
  • Cool!
    Please share that OS with me! Should try it!
  • Slash wrote:
    Cool!
    Please share that OS with me! Should try it!

Include me in too!
  • Hell it's damn large and the server is damn slow...
  • When I first read the subject I thought it was Roger OS, but then I read more closely to find it to be RISC OS

So I dled it, installed it. You do not need an RISC PC to run it. It is an emulator.

It is rather interesting. Not very good, but interesting. Gave me some ideas.

Scrs coming soon.
  • It (What I've been using) actually emulates a Acorn A5000 (Hence the name), enabling it to run RISC OS 3.11 (Or 3.40, as I've been lead to believe). It's not the best thing out there, but it has some unique features, interesting takes on familiar concepts and some (literally) unbeatable differences. It's also a fringe OS, but not dead by any means. I really like it, but wish I could get Inet running on it :(

-Q
  • Inet is the internet right? I cant get it to go on the net either.
  • Score! I screwed it up already!

But the good news is that I have it emulating a 10 GHZ cpu on a 500 mhz machine.

MIPS: 40
    FPS: 0

CPU USAGE: 100%

Great... (fail)
  • Not listing an Ethernet Interface for you too? That's what it does for me.

I've gotta somehow get a REAL RISC OS machine (Preferrably with Eth)...

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Not listing an Ethernet Interface for you too? That's what it does for me.

I've gotta somehow get a REAL RISC OS machine (Preferrably with Eth)...

-Q

When you do, it will be YET ANOTHER drooler for the collection. You need to post a my computers page. And post a picture of each.

Drooling already.... (drool)
  • Hmm... Doing some research for BlacIII...

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    James Babb wrote:
    But the good news is that I have it emulating a 10 GHZ cpu on a 500 mhz machine.

WTF? 10 GHz? Where do you get THAT?

I entered 10000 MHZ in the CPU speed, but it SHOULD only be running at 500 mhz.
  • Q wrote:
    Well I haven't gotten it online yet, I just typed that in RISC OS and then saved it and then posted it from Windows, hence "quasi". In typing that I found out something else a little strange, the @ and " keys are swapped! # is
  • RISC OS/Acorn is in the UK and is almost solely a European venture. Which is going to make it somewhat hard to get a RISC OS machine in the US ::roll:. However I will still hope...

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Which is going to make it somewhat hard to get a RISC OS machine in the US ::roll:. However I will still hope...

-Q
    My friend resently bought one of sell.com, And he lives in the US
  • OMFG! What was it, A RiscPC?

-Q