Which do you prefer guys

edited December 2004 in Software
Hey forum members, ive been noticing how alot of you guys perfer winamp over MY favorite windows media player. but how many of you like winamp and how many like Windows MP? Whats you opinon on both, Ive used winamp 2.97 or something back on the pentium 1 laptop but i used it because that version was very quick loading. Windows MP on the other had is slower ofcourse but its got so many features built in. Winamp has many cool features too but i think yo have to go download most of them. Your thoughts guys?

Comments

• WMP sucks dude.....
  • Use Winamp :-|
  • WMP 10 is like a gay-bar on steroids.. I like Winamp more because of the media library, and i have a really great visualization plug-in.
    talking about plugins, I have shoutcast, and on my workstation i have a IR remote plugin, a ComControl plugin and a LCD driver plugin. WMP cant do that.
  • whenever i used WMP to play anything it would spend loadsa time downloading codecs, which never worked anyways
  • Both suck. Apollo kicks ass!
  • Winamp 5, though it still has some quirks that I wish they would fix.
  • I use winamp, but i also like wmp 8 with 9 coxes (sp?)
  • Topher wrote:
    I use winamp, but i also like wmp 8 with 9 coxes (sp?)
    they are called codecs...

I use media player. I have 6.4 on everything that comes with an older version or no version. My dell has XP and 9.0. Yes I agree MP10 is gay looking, has more ways to be spied on, and generally includes nothing of use. My 6.4s have all the functionality of 9.0 because they have a codecs update for it.
  • 6.4 was the best version if u ask me, no bloat.. if u use it on XP you get all the codecs from WMP 8/9/10
  • edited December 2004
    BOD wrote:
    6.4 was the best version if u ask me, no bloat.. if u use it on XP you get all the codecs from WMP 8/9/10
    10 doesn't have any new codecs... And, XP has nothing to do with it, I can install 6.4 on NT 4 and it will play WM9 files.
  • whenever i try to play WM9 files on 6.4 it moans at me and gives me some DRM crap
  • http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... nload.aspx
    like I said before.. YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THE MP9 CODECS.