ATI Radeon 9200 with 64 incher

edited January 2005 in Hardware
Hello! I just just tried hitching my PC (duron 900) with my 64" Phillips Magnivox Big Screen TV via a Composite Video Cable and Radeon 9200. I got it up and running, but the lowest res possible (800x600) made it really blurry and higher res. was worse. I can kind of see the text but it's blurry, so to solve this problem, would I just make the text size bigger and would that componsate for the blurry text or what? Thanks

Nick

Comments

• tvs cant handle high resoltions. i think the best they do is 640x480. Tv are good for games and movies but not normal use
  • Well I cant get 640X480 with my card... The lowest is 800X600
  • thats not your card, thats XP, most machines boot in 640x480 (i think)
  • Are you using the ATI drivers? The default XP ones won't go below 800x600.
    BOD - The XP boot screen is 640x480x16 - VGA.
  • Im using the ones that came with the CD rom that I installed...
  • my NVIDIA ones will let you go down to 320x200
  • You should be able to copy in the 2k display control panel and use that to set down to 640x480.
  • edited December 2004
    blank
  • nightice wrote:
    You should be able to copy in the 2k display control panel and use that to set down to 640x480.

Huh? :? :? :?
  • I think you can...
  • Can What? I dont get what your saying...
  • Use the 2000 display control panel in XP. I think it was on Toastytech a while back.
  • i think he means to take the display.CPL or whatever its called from 2000 and place it in XP, but i doubt that'll work
  • you can get xp to 640x480. you just have to know what you are doing...that's all.
  • yea, not sure about ATI but NVIDIAs drivers allow you to go to 320x200
  • Haha pwned :-P

pwned.JPG

No, not really. I just used powerstrip. And ATi drivers do 800x600 also unless I'm missing something. I just clicked the little ATI tool in the system tray.
  • this is more like it :D

ouch.JPG
  • LOL Jesus christ.
  • when the taskbar takes up 1/4 of the screen, that is the time u wonder whether u may want to change your resolution LOL
  • BOD wrote:
    i think he means to take the display.CPL or whatever its called from 2000 and place it in XP, but i doubt that'll work

I'm sure WFP will complain if you try, although you might be able to get around it.

-Q
  • You could boot into DOS and use NTFS for DOS. Or disable WFP for a bit while doing it.
  • I don't think you can disable WFP anymore. I think if you cleared the dllcache and then hit "Cancel" when WFP came up you could do it.

-Q
  • Maby so... Never really tried that.
  • That's what I did when I was hacking my TCPIP.sys.

-Q
  • BOD, your pic is down, but I wanna take a look... is it 320x200?
  • my pic is down because my server doesnt seem to be updating no-ip properly, im working on it
  • I can go from 800X600 to 1280X1024, all at either 16 Bit or 32bit