AoE 1 + XP P SP2 = IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

QQ
edited January 2005 in Software
The title kindof says it all. It installs and runs normally, but when I try and exit it, or finish a level that's what I get. Looking on Google turns up a page on the MSKB that's almost pertinent, and I've tried some of the steps that apply to my current setup like updating my SafeDisc driver (Ugh), and running in compatibility mode. Neither work.

The article: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=228985

Anyone have any ideas? If worse comes to worse I'll just have to do it in VMware ::(

-Q

Comments

• I run it fine (tho that's on no SPs). I'm not sure about this, but it seems like AoE uses a client-server architecture. When it quits, perhaps it releases its net stuff in a way that the SP2 net updates don't like?
  • What AoE exactly is?
  • It's Age of Empires Gold edition, but I'm running the classic one (Not Rise of Rome).

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • "MSI Live Update found 0 updated drivers for your system"

BIOS is updated as of yesterday (They screwed the Energy Star logo, Grr!)

No PCI cards.

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Grr, I'll just take the easy way out.

-Q
  • I did what Tom says and got all the drivers from the manufacture and my system runs 1000 times better than with the microsoft ones.

AND my system runs AOE with no problems heeheh
  • Considering all the stuff I reused in the system, that's easier said then done.

Alright, I've checked with nvidia and Realtek and I'm running the latest drivers from them...

-Q
  • huh....odd. i seem to be able to play AoE on SP2, and i believe that that is the same exact disc too isnt it Q?
  • Think A120% or Nero might be the problem?

-Q
  • no....i dont really know.

huh. i just got the error, and then i ran it again i didnt get the error. WTF? that's just odd. so its not A120%.
  • Try to use D-Tools instead of A120